Big saw in big wood,no cookies,cutting firewood !

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roncoinc

Official Stihl Disser
Reaction score
My last post of this saw was just testing and tuning to see how it went..
today it got some fuel thru it doing real work..i think it needs a little more tuning and maybe some off the rakers to let it find itself..
A good size oak tree,as you can see...
saws today were,hommie 750,husky 350/346NE hybid,dolmar ps510,husky 50,echo500,and the little ryobie and a stihl 011.(canopy saw).
three of us got to work all the saws and had a real fun time and got some wood too.
sorry my movie making isn't very good but best i could do..
just wanted to show how an old saw could still throw the chips :)
the guy working the saw is not me,he weighs 110lb soaking wet and never handled a saw this big..he loved it !!
the guy that brot the echo wouldnt let me have my dolmar so i got to run the first tank of fuel thru the husky hybrid..
nobody wil guess what saw all three picked as overall favorite..

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pHpAkO6NnFQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pHpAkO6NnFQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Cool, looks like you didn't have to carry the wood very far from where you cut the tree down.

Was it the 350 ever one liked the best? If so I can see why. The one I rebuilt is a true smile maker. I cant bog it down yet and it really smokes through the wood! Looks like you had a fun and productive day.

Was it the 350 ever one liked the best? If so I can see why. The one I rebuilt is a true smile maker. I cant bog it down yet and it really smokes through the wood! Looks like you had a fun and productive day.

The PS510 was the favorite..just so smooth and easy to handle,not as fast as the husky but more "pleasant" to run..

Latest posts

Back