Big Saw/Little Saw recommendations sought

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to all the advice and expert information found on this forum I ordered both saws today. I decided on a Dolmar 7900 for the big saw and a Stihl 200T for the little one. A tip of the hat to all of you who replied and helped me with this decision.

Now if I can just make some money with these pricey machines;)

Thanks to all the advice and expert information found on this forum I ordered both saws today. I decided on a Dolmar 7900 for the big saw and a Stihl 200T for the little one. A tip of the hat to all of you who replied and helped me with this decision.

be very careful with that 200t it demands respect I've seen someone get hurt being careless with a tophandle before. Not meant for ground work! GL:cheers:

just keep two hands on the saw

I like the 390xp better than the 7900 and the 660. I can't really notice a big difference in the weight between the 390 and 7900 both with 28" bars. I was going to keep the 7900 as my big saw as I wasn't really impressed with the 660 and it vibrated me to death. I run up on a deal on the 390 and bought it and don't regret it at all. I can't wait till it's broke in. I've never ran a 441 but my BIL had one until someone needed it more than him. He said it's like running a husky with stihl colors. I don't really like the 460 as it seems like it weighed just as much as the 390 without as much power. I like the 372xpw as my smaller saw. I ported it a month ago but haven't gotten to run it but for a few minutes. It would pull a 28" with full comp ok before the porting. I hope to get to run it some more in the next few days. The 7900 will pull the 28 with a lot more authority than the 372 did stock.

MDAVELEE:

Did you get one of those 390XP's from the shop here in Knoxville that I posted a few months ago on AS were liquidating there stock at cost? They also had a few 372XP's for $575 before all were gone.

Back