Big Square Wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha. Your so smart. Grudges go both ways. Always two sides to a story. Answer this honestly Jon, from the first post was it mending fences?

There will always be 2 sides to every story.

I honestly believe it was an attempt to mend the fence based on what I've seen over the last couple years.

I see a couple threads started by a member whose trying to make things right, and most welcome him back. You always have those couple jackasses who have to show they are the dominant male. So to you I say yes your right. A pack of stray dogs is what I've seen.
Randy has considerable influence over his groupies, and if this were a serious attempt to "make things right" then one would expect him to publicly use that influence over at the site where he's in charge to change things. Take a look at Brad's last thread on the 372, and you'll see that nothing changed, and while Randy professed to be upset about it, were there any appropriate actions to go along with that?

No, this is just the Randy Evans Summer Sales Spectacular on AS, trying to real in some new customers. I have no idea why site management is permitting it, but that is their choice - it will end badly.

As for the dominant male nonsense, the reality is that those who won't follow are targeted by the groupie squad who can't tolerate those who won't worship like they do. But it's good to remember this is just an obscure site for freaks who like to modify power tools.

Randy has considerable influence over his groupies, and if this were a serious attempt to "make things right" then one would expect him to publicly use that influence over at the site where he's in charge to change things. Take a look at Brad's last thread on the 372, and you'll see that nothing changed, and while Randy professed to be upset about it, were there any appropriate actions to go along with that?

No, this is just the Randy Evans Summer Sales Spectacular on AS, trying to real in some new customers. I have no idea why site management is permitting it, but that is their choice - it will end badly.

As for the dominant male nonsense, the reality is that those who won't follow are targeted by the groupie squad who can't tolerate those who won't worship like they do. But it's good to remember this is just an obscure site for freaks who like to modify power tools.
You say he has groupies, are you not one of Brads groupies. so see he has them too and you are one so welcome to groupie life.

You say he has groupies, are you not one of Brads groupies. so see he has them too and you are one so welcome to groupie life.
Nice try. I hardly know Brad other than from posts here. I respect his work, even if I disagree with his approach sometimes - as I do Randy's in fact. But I'm nobody's groupie, and while Brad doesn't care it apparently bothers others.

Nice try. I hardly know Brad other than from posts here. I respect his work, even if I disagree with his approach sometimes - as I do Randy's in fact. But I'm nobody's groupie, and while Brad doesn't care it apparently bothers others.
You sir are wrong and too dense to realize it, you are his groupie. You truly do fit the nickname givin to you. on ignore you go with a couple other dipsticks.

I agree with you on one thing. That 372 thread brad did. I seen nothing wrong with the thread or the title itself. Randy and I actually talked about how much nonsense was made of the title last week. As for groupie? No bud sorry not me. I follow my own path. Just because it isn't your path doesn't make it the wrong one.

Sorry if this is out of line but tgis "groupie" **** is ridiculous on both sides
yes it is. but it also ridiculous for one side to claim only Randy has them. both of them have followers and that's only natural. if a person does your saw and you like it then that one will defend the builder. I sure Brad builds a fine saw, I don't own a ported saw from either, but they both have followers. for one side to say they don't is foolish.

As for groupie? No bud sorry not me.
To be clear, I was writing about Rrandy's ability to influence his followers, not specifically calling you a groupie. There are plenty lining up to take that title - I lose track but I have not noticed you being among them.

Back