biggest husqavarna

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

injun joe

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
ok went fitchin today and the guy i was fitchin with asked me what kind of saws i had so i told him i have over 20 but then he asked for a brand and o course i had to tell him about my 090 and its the single biggest 1 man chainsaw but then he told me there was a husky that was 176cc's and that his husky was 117cc's also so my question is are there 2 huskys out there like that or was he tellin me a fish story.

H110-0014_huge.jpg

http://international.husqvarna.com/node1817.aspx?nid=68897&pid=35285#

Husqvarna 3120XP, 118.8cc, word.

Scott

Last edited:
Husqvarna 3120XP

attachment.php

Our largest saw is one of the most powerful saws in the world, built for professional felling in the toughest dimensions. Like all Husqvarna saws, the 3120 XP® has a superior power/weight ratio. With Smart Start® and well-developed anti-vibration features and ergonomics, this large-size saw is both easy to start and operate.

Idling speed 2500 rpm
Maximum power speed 9000 rpm
Cylinder bore 60 mm / 2.36 inch
Cylinder stroke 42 mm / 1.65 inch
Ignition system SEM AM50
Ignition module air gap 0.3 mm / 0.01 "
Spark plug NGK BPMR7A
Electrode gap 0.5 mm / 0.02 "
Carburettor model name WG8
Fuel tank volume 1.25 lit / 2.64 US pint
Oil tank volume 0.7 lit / 1.48 US pint
Oil pump type Adjustable flow
Oil pump capacity 28-51 ml/min
Cutting equipment
Chain pitch .404"
Recommended bar length, min-max 60-105 cm / 24"-42"
Chain speed at max power 20.1 m/s / 65.95 fts
Emission, vibration & noise data
Sound level 101 dB(A)
Sound power level, LWA 116 dB(A)
Vibrations front handle 7.7 m/s²
Vibrations rear handle 10.6 m/s²
Overall dimensions
Weight (excl. cutting equipment) 10.4 kg / 22.9 lbs

largest 1 man chainsaw

ok went fitchin today and the guy i was fitchin with asked me what kind of saws i had so i told him i have over 20 but then he asked for a brand and o course i had to tell him about my 090 and its the single biggest 1 man chainsaw but then he told me there was a husky that was 176cc's and that his husky was 117cc's also so my question is are there 2 huskys out there like that or was he tellin me a fish story.

Skil (Canadian) 1690 139cc as far as I know it is the largest production 1 man saw ever produced.
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...949a5a799de72b2e88256bf7000f1445?OpenDocument
http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=105095&highlight=1690

Scott

Last edited:
As far as I know the biggest one man is the Stihl 090 10cid. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

alright thanks alot so now i have caught 2 guys lying to me telling far off number of cc's and how my 090 is inadaquate.:spam:

alright thanks alot so now i have caught 2 guys lying to me telling far off number of cc's and how my 090 is inadaquate.:spam:

I n the huge saw department bigger is not always better ergonomics is the key here. It does not matter if you can not effectively use its power! I think an 090 would be sorta hard to tote all day and to me my 395 is all the big saw I care to tote and most times my modded 372
is what I grab. I like more power to weight features than plain bigger.

I n the huge saw department bigger is not always better ergonomics is the key here. It does not matter if you can not effectively use its power! I think an 090 would be sorta hard to tote all day and to me my 395 is all the big saw I care to tote and most times my modded 372
is what I grab. I like more power to weight features than plain bigger.

i totally agree this day in age huge trees just arent where the moneys at production is

Husqvarna 3120XP

attachment.php

Our largest saw is one of the most powerful saws in the world, built for professional felling in the toughest dimensions. Like all Husqvarna saws, the 3120 XP® has a superior power/weight ratio. With Smart Start® and well-developed anti-vibration features and ergonomics, this large-size saw is both easy to start and operate.

Idling speed 2500 rpm
Maximum power speed 9000 rpm
Cylinder bore 60 mm / 2.36 inch
Cylinder stroke 42 mm / 1.65 inch
Ignition system SEM AM50
Ignition module air gap 0.3 mm / 0.01 "
Spark plug NGK BPMR7A
Electrode gap 0.5 mm / 0.02 "
Carburettor model name WG8
Fuel tank volume 1.25 lit / 2.64 US pint
Oil tank volume 0.7 lit / 1.48 US pint
Oil pump type Adjustable flow
Oil pump capacity 28-51 ml/min
Cutting equipment
Chain pitch .404"
Recommended bar length, min-max 60-105 cm / 24"-42"
Chain speed at max power 20.1 m/s / 65.95 fts
Emission, vibration & noise data
Sound level 101 dB(A)
Sound power level, LWA 116 dB(A)
Vibrations front handle 7.7 m/s²
Vibrations rear handle 10.6 m/s²
Overall dimensions
Weight (excl. cutting equipment) 10.4 kg / 22.9 lbs
My 3120 used to be shiny like that.:greenchainsaw:

They're just jealous!
Bring a 090 to the GTG next month, I'd like to compare it first hand to the 3120.

My 3120 used to be shiny like that.:greenchainsaw:

Bring a 090 to the GTG next month, I'd like to compare it first hand to the 3120.

but could you realy compare them there both from different eras the 090 old torque mosnter and the 3120 of today go fast and no torque in my opinion not much of a comparison the 3120 outta win hands donw but slap a 6' bar on then i would like 2 see

IEL had a couple that were listed for one or two man operation, they were setup for one man use with a normal handle bar etc, but also had a handle on the end for 2 man use. They were listed a 161cc I believe 160 something anyway! Had to check my book but yes the EIL super twin was availible in either as a one man saw or two man, the one man version had no handle on the bar for two man operation so it would beat the skil,solo,stihl as the biggest at 161cc. Im not sure though that there was not some even bigger saws that that for one man operation!

Last edited:
No offensive to some of the members who mention big saws being too heavy and having bad ergonomics.
But anyone who's concerned about weight and ergonomics shouldn't be handling a big saw anyway. IMO.

Latest posts

Back