Black Walnuts needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cat-face timber

Knot Bumper
Reaction score
I am looking to plant some Black Walnut trees this spring.
I do you have any Black Walnuts, that you could send to me?
I will gladly pay shipping and throw in a few bucks for your trouble.

I cannot order them, they will not send to Arizona :dizzy::dizzy::confused::dizzy::dizzy:

Are there regulations about shipping them into AZ? I know you are not the People's Republick of California who does regulate their borders...but maybe that is why you can't find somebody to ship to you???

how bad is thousand cankers disease of black walnut down there?

Are there regulations about shipping them into AZ? I know you are not the People's Republick of California who does regulate their borders...but maybe that is why you can't find somebody to ship to you???

how bad is thousand cankers disease of black walnut down there?

I am not sure about the regulations, all I know is Henery Fields will not send Balck Walnut Trees to AZ, not sure why?
That dieses sounds bad, but I have no idea if we have it here?
I live in a place that you would not normally find a Black Walnut tree, but I love the challenge or trying to grow one :)

Thousand Cankers Disease originated in the southwest. There is a beetle and disease native to the SW that does not cause too much harm to walnut native to the SW, but causes big problems for the black walnut that are planted in the SW, and is now spreading into the east. My understanding (but I have not been there to see it), is that eastern Black Walnut will be hit pretty hard by this if planted in the SW.

If you asked in August/September it wouldn't be a problem. Sorry we have a foot of snow right now. And with the drought we didn't have as many last year, either, to they're not easy to find.

To be honest with TCD I'd consider finding something else. Even though I love the wood and I like that they're late to leaf out in spring and drop pretty early in fall (giving my backyard grass a fighting chance in a pretty unfair battle).

Latest posts

Back