Blowdown and Earthquake

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being thin blooded, my "winter wear" is never far. It might not get very cold here, we have a heavy damp cold, usually with a 20 knot breeze.

They are talking mid 20s for here, I'm tossing a blanket over the artichokes

We could BBQ but 13 degrees is gettin chilly for us west coasters, supposed to bottum out at 3 degrees.

I hear ya there! I thought we had a rainforest in this state... Snow forest now probly :)

Gonna be some chilly fingers tomorrow.

@ slowp. I called to order parts/merchandise out of seattle this afternoon fom my main supplier(locks and such, being I'm a locksmith) took me three tries to realise that nobody went to work today there... Bunch of weinies!

Bill

Bill... we got down to about 14 last night here on Whidbey Island. But with the wind it was -3. Did you guys get much wind up there in B'ham?

Also have had 2 earthquakes in 3 days here...

Gary

I hear ya there! I thought we had a rainforest in this state... Snow forest now probly :)

Gonna be some chilly fingers tomorrow.

@ slowp. I called to order parts/merchandise out of seattle this afternoon fom my main supplier(locks and such, being I'm a locksmith) took me three tries to realise that nobody went to work today there... Bunch of weinies!

Bill

Add me to the weinie list. The alternator for the Subaru was late so it didn't get done, I'm thinking my pickup won't make it up to the county road. I spent a while snow scooping the long driveway and will do that again today.

The house was too warm so I cracked a window in the bedroom. The house was 47 indoors when I got up.

It is 9 here. But nothing like Wisconsin. Or the Methow Valley. I had the urge to go ski in the moonlight last night. It was so bright and pretty. There isn't enough snow to do that.

Now where is the heavy duty longjohn stash? I'll find it in July. Maybe that's why the oldtimers supposedly wore it all year?

22 degrees and clear. No snow at our place, 2200 MSL, but up the road a few miles there's plenty. Think Donner Party. We're headed up the hill later to scout some roads...I'll try to get pictures.

In the meantime it's power on, power off, power on, power off. Lots of trees down across power lines and the PGE crews are working around the clock. Last we heard about 4000 homes in our area were still without electricity.

Winter is here! Glad I did not have to climb trees this week. High of -3 here today, about 10 inches of powder on the ground. Supposed to stay cold for a bit. Glad to hear your artichokes made it Randy. Stay warm everyone!

I threw a mulch of snow around the rose bush. I'll have to mosey out and see if the Grapple Cat is running. He was going well yesterday. I fueled him up with an extra big helping of Meow Mix.

We hit -7 last night, bit of a breeze, but not too bad. It is blowing tonight, I can hear it whooshing by the house.

About a foot+ of the white stuff on the ground, it squeaks when you walk on it.

Women are cooking for Thanksgiving. I'm going to start with putting the new engine in one of my project trucks. Should be able to drive it to work on Monday if I don't need any parts.

Mr. HE:cool:

We got some of that stick to vertical surface snow.

Wish the ground had frozen first.

It is 9 here. But nothing like Wisconsin.

Heh - my thermometer has only had a low of 8 so far this year, but I'm certain it's coming. About 4" of snow on the ground, hay and bean fields are sheets of ice, makes hunting a pain when ya gotta slipslide across an 80 to check one more brush and rock pile for deer.

Now where is the heavy duty longjohn stash? I'll find it in July. Maybe that's why the oldtimers supposedly wore it all year?

Don't own 'em. Got a couple pairs of insulated jeans for outside work in the winter, Carhartt arctic bibs for real frickin cold, or sitting on a bucket on a frozen lake drinking beer and telling lies about fish...

BTW, 180" of rain here, and I'd have a 16x70 Ice Fishin Castle, with basement pool! I can't imagine the type of ground that would soak up anywhere near that.

Deer hunt ends tomorrow, and with a little more snow, the sled trails will open next weekend. If ya can't control the weather, ya just gotta be crazy enough to enjoy it.

Hit 27 here today. About six inches of new snow. Blowing lightly so it is drifting a bit. Gonna' hafta plow the driveway tomorrow.:rockn:

Mr. HE:cool:

Latest posts

Back