BMG or Vermeer Grapple

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The BMG at 200 lbs with a 52" opening is hard to beat. The rotator is useless extra weight in my opinion. In the 2 years I've had my BMG, I've probably stepped off my sk650 less than 10 times to manually rotate the grapple.

The BMG at 200 lbs with a 52" opening is hard to beat. The rotator is useless extra weight in my opinion. In the 2 years I've had my BMG, I've probably stepped off my sk650 less than 10 times to manually rotate the grapple.

I agree, I have a BMG on my vermeer and a power rotater would be a waste of money.

beaver squeezer grapple

I'm going to (hopefully) upgrade my mini skidsteer from a Thomas 25g to a Ditchwitch SK650.

I currently running a BMG and I'm considering switching to a different grapple. I've been looking at a Vermeer grapple. For those of you that have used both, what are your thoughts?

I have an sk650 with beaver squeezer rotating grapple 53 " wide opening.Cant beat rotating grapple.Ive had this grapple for year and half.Still going strong well made. price was $5050 im happy.Hope that helps

I ended up buying a very lightly used Vermeer grapple and just recently a used Vermeer s600tx at an amazing price.

One of the advantages the Vermeer has over the BMG is that it can be "fixed" or locked onto position. I have found that to be advantageous on several occasions.

I was thinking of keeping my wheeled Thomas 25g because it is a lot more turf friendly, but I'm running out of room in the garage.

Bmg

As with anything repeated use, you get bettet. The simplicity of the bmg has an quicker learning curve than the rarely used rotator.

Rotator

How do you fiqure rotator is rarely used if you dont own one.Its great for getting through tight areas example 36" gate.You can stop and position branches or wood how you want.I use it all the time.Once you own one then you will know.

Latest posts

Back