Boot Spikes?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikeklogging

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Does anyone know what's up with the screws/holes in the bottom of logger boots are you supposed to take the screws out and put "caulks" in them (i think thats the right term)

if so does anyone know where to get spikes, caulks, etc..

Thanks,
Mike

Does anyone know what's up with the screws/holes in the bottom of logger boots are you supposed to take the screws out and put "caulks" in them (i think thats the right term)

if so does anyone know where to get spikes, caulks, etc..

Thanks,
Mike

you can get corks from baileys, madsen's, white's, etc.

If you buy a pair of corks they come alreay installed. Don't mess with any other holes or screws you find in a boot, unless you want the boot to have some serious problems. Logger is a style of boot, it doesn't neccessarily(sp) mean the are logging/cork boots.

Owl

If you buy a pair of corks they come alreay installed. Don't mess with any other holes or screws you find in a boot, unless you want the boot to have some serious problems. Logger is a style of boot, it doesn't neccessarily(sp) mean the are logging/cork boots.

Owl

how would i know if they are made for corks?

it doesn't make sense that they olny have holes for corks in the heel

What the heck kinda boots r they? I have seen some Husky boots with holes in the soles that u can put little wanna b studs in them they do sell the kits also avail. 4 some of those orange chainsaw boots. The holes r only in the heel portion on the ones that I have seen. I have never tried them, but know a fella that did and they didn't make it a day he took them out. They r kinda like round like a tire stud. Pretty much like walking on marbles. They do not thread, but press in with a special tool.

Here's my boots. They came as all new ones do, with spikes in them. Otherwise, you might be inclined to wear them and get the holes plugged up with mud and stuff. Just like golf shoes. Some come with permanent spikes. These use the same wrench as a golf spiked shoe.

attachment.php

Slowp, some nice older Aladin lamps there behind the boots!

In another time and place, my grandparents had a maid that left one on top of a dresser. Evidently the tall chimney was too close to the ceiling and burned their house very badly.

In another time and place, my grandparents had a maid that left one on top of a dresser. Evidently the tall chimney was too close to the ceiling and burned their house very badly.

Yes. They have to be watched. The lamps, I mean. They'll be going ok then start flaming out the chimney. When I lived in the third world of (shudder) CA, our power was shut off frequently. A coworker almost burned her house down because she fell asleep with one on and it was starting to scorch the ceiling when she woke.

The boots shown are not Wescos. They are made in Centralia, WA and are Kuliens.

This thread reminds me of a funny story. A few years ago a guy on my crew had previously taken all the caulks out of his boots for a concrete laboring job during the off-season.
So anyway the first night we're in camp he borrows my caulk wrench and try to re-caulk his boots. Of course, there's no way in hell that dried concrete is going to come out.
So long story short he's floppin' around on slicks for the next 3 weeks.

Back