Bought a 576 AT

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got back at it on Monday and the more I run this saw the more I like it. Put about 10 gallons of gas through it so far with no problems. Had to turn the oil ajustment in because it was running out of oil before gas. The oil tank is a little smaller than on the 372. The saw has good power and a bigger power band than my 372's. I really haven't seen any gains in fuel consumption over the 372.

Exactly.:rock:

I have a Husky Oregon bar on the saw and it's been blowing a lot of bar oil out of the top of the clutch cover and making a real mess. Been turning the ajustment screw in about a full turn now but doesn't seem to help. So I drilled the hole out a litte bit in the bar. The original hole is smaller than in the GB bar so I will see tomorrow if it helps .

How you do you like the AT so far? Would you pay the extra cash again for it? Does you saw re-calibrate every morning/start up? Thinking about pulling the trigger on a new 562xp with AT before the end of the year. Would like a real opinion besides the guys cutting for fun only.

How you do you like the AT so far? Would you pay the extra cash again for it? Does you saw re-calibrate every morning/start up? Thinking about pulling the trigger on a new 562xp with AT before the end of the year. Would like a real opinion besides the guys cutting for fun only.

So far I like it and the A/T was only about 10 bucks more. If it re-calibrates i don't notice it just a real smooth saw. The only time I really notice anything different is when right before it runs out of gas it doesn't run lean like a regular saw. I had my doubts about the system when I heard about it, but it is making a believer out of me. That said it still a little early to tell how it will hold up over the long run. I loved the 7900 when I first got it but they turned out to be nothing but trouble. I'm reminded of that every day when I have to step over them holding my Huskys on my way to work.

Got the oil hemorrhage to slow down. Drilled the oil hole out on the bar and had to turn the oil ajustment screw in a tad, it's about half open now. Funny thing is the husky turned half way in still puts out more oil than the 2 7900s did wide open.

Started cutting back up in the Pittsfield Watershed hard and soft maple, ash, cherrry with a lot of beech and striped maple under story. We have to lop everything flat so it was a good workout for the saw today, 80+ degrees with a lot of spring poles that want to take your head off. Saw ran great except when I first started it and it would die at idle but once it warmed up it was fine. I did notice that the clutch cover is wider than the 372 because it's easier to get the chain back on the sprocket when you throw it off the bar, which I did a few times today. The nose on the Huskie Oregon bar is starting to wear already had to flop that tonite.

Hoping to put together my 576 (non AT) project tonight. Needs seals, and oiler/clutch put back together. I also have to bolt the jug back on because I wanted to take a peak at the insides.

Hey Mingo, if you want to sell those 7900's, shot me a message. I run two of them doing firewood and tree work. I've had good luck overall, but still like my 2171 better.

Rain tested it today, had some heavy showers today and the saw ran fine. Think it liked the rain better than I did. We just cut and bunched today the main skid roads were to muddy to drag anything to the landing. Had a lot water running down the main skid road that we had to ditch when we came out. Probably have to pack in tomorrow to let the road dry up bit,been raining pretty hard off and on tonight.

I have found that my Husqvarnas are more water-tight than a ducks arse. I leave them right out in the weather 98% of the time, and other than faded plastic, not one issue.

I have found that my Husqvarnas are more water-tight than a ducks arse. I leave them right out in the weather 98% of the time, and other than faded plastic, not one issue.

Have to agree with you. I was concerned about the auto tune part how it would react to wet conditions, but it passed with flying colors. Should have guessed that because very little dust make it into the filter. I think that is the main reason for the Huskies longevity is their air filtration system.

Finished cutting the watershed job on Saturday so have a few days of while they skid the bunched logs to the header. That will give me chance to look at a couple of other jobs coming up for bid. Back on topic in November of 05 I bought a 575 with heated handles, 372 were getting hard to find, and the word out was Husky was going to do away with them. Well I was not very impressed didn't seem to any more power than the 372 for the extra weight, and was hard starting on cold days. Clutch went on it after a couple of months something that never occured on the 372.The crank went on it after little over 6 months of use. I would have to say after using the 576 for almost 2 months that Husqvarna seems to have addressed all the problems of the early 575 good power especially on the low end, starts easy, and is so smooth to run I think that is the best part. Now if the auto tune part holds up Husky imho will have hit a home run.

You hot-yard with that 540? Then a grapple skids from there?

We yarded with a 340. They were bringing in a 548, and use that with the 340 to skid to the landing. That job was marked to take 1/2 it one way and the other 1/2 in the opposite direction. That went out the door when the truck road for the back side washed out making it a mile skid to get the back half out.

Have you ever ran the 372 XT? I wander how much of a weight difference there is between the 2? I REALLY like the sounds of the 576AT.

Latest posts

Back