Bought a 576 AT

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the replacement muffler yesterday it's different than the oem looks like the 575 muffler I have just with a larger hole in the baffle. The 575 had about a 3/8 hole and the new one has about a 1/2 inch one. Called the dealer and he double checked and said that was the right one. The original muffler was hollow with just a small baffle across the top. Ran the saw with new muffler and really couldn't tell the difference. Going to do a mod on the 575 muffler that I have and see how that will work. Started a new job today lot of low grade hardwood logs and firewood.

Here's your pictures. You liking the 576 better than the 372 overall?

209216d1322688892-007-jpg

209215d1322688796-006-jpg

209214d1322688742-003-jpg

209212d1322688694-001-jpg

I like how smooth the 576a/t is and the auto-tune has been great I'm really pleased with it so far, but that 372 was a great saw it was the most dependable saw i ever owned.

Broke an av mount on the 576 today the one on the gas cap side hardest one to change. Did a dry run on the 575 parts saw good thing the mount is different than the 372 it is attached with a screw makes changing it much easier,View attachment 209401View attachment 209402 here's a couple of pics

Not that anything is normal, but was it just running and it broke or was it in a position where it needed some yanking to remove? I have broke them removing them from getting pinched.

Wondering,

Sam

Not that anything is normal, but was it just running and it broke or was it in a position where it needed some yanking to remove? I have broke them removing them from getting pinched.

Wondering,

Sam

It was running when it broke,but i could feel it getting loose during the day. By loose I mean the spring not the screws. I try not to go crazy on the yanking just wedge or chop it out if I get pinched, but we all give it a tug first. It's a lot easier to change than the 372 no more vise grips, and the gas tank seems to drop down easier to get at the mount. the front mount under the muffler has a screw holding it in also, but has a black top not red like the one that broke.

Wash out today lots of rain weather forecast says we are in for 4-8 inches of snow tonite. Since we had that freak snow storm in October it's been extremely mild 50's and low 60's the lot I'm on is getting real muddy, need some cold weather they're saying this weekend can't come soon enough. The other day when the mount broke on the 576 I used my 372 and it a little more compact than the 576, and I was thinking this really a great saw to run. The next day after I got the mount fixed on the 576 I was thinking the 372 is great, but this 576 is so much better to run it just has a great feel to it so much smoother, and larger power band. I've been saying I have not noticed a difference in fuel consumption I've been wrong. After running the 372 and 576 I noticed the 576 goes longer before it runs out of gas and it has a smaller tank than the 372.

I've been playing around with my 576, 575 and a few 372's in the wood piles at work the last few weekends. Your comments are dead on, 372 is more nimble and lighter, 576/575 are smoother and have a better powerband. Also, the 372 has a more throaty exhaust noise, while the 576 sounds a little choked up.

I'm a fan of both, but still can't quite give away my allegiance to the 372. I was planning on selling the 576 here shortly, but I think I will keep it around a little longer and see how much more it grows on me. Or I might upgrade to the AT. Every manufacturer is making some really strong 70cc saws at the moment, it's an exciting time to be in the tree care and forestry industry with the new technology. My buddy and I removed an elm tree in the city this past weekend and one of my 7900's just ripped that tree to pieces once my buddy got it down to the trunk.

The muffler that came on the auto-tune did not have the baffle in it like the 575 the replacement muffler they sent me was like the 575 the 2 holes in the baffle were just alittle bigger, and when I put it on it sounded different, so I did a muffler mod to the 575 muffler I opened it up to about the same as the original muffler and it sounds a lot better.

Found out today that Husqvarna does not offer the 576 auto-tune with heated handles. Wondering if it has something to do with the electronic carb?

Nice pictures!

Do you work alone or what? Your machine? What's it run for power?

I was going to ask how in the world the truck managed to get loaded with your landing like that, then I saw the last picture!

Nice pictures!

Do you work alone or what? Your machine? What's it run for power?

I was going to ask how in the world the truck managed to get loaded with your landing like that, then I saw the last picture!

I am working alone on this job. The skidder has a 453N detroit with a 3 speed clark powershift behind it and a gearmatic winch. I really like the rear mount on the log truck it gives you a lot options on setting up the landing. This job has a lot of firewood and small logs on it, I'm short hauling the logs down to the end of the road where I'll load trailers.

Latest posts

Back