Bought a 576 AT

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been running the 372's for ever and back about a year ago got a 372xpw,really like it.After got it broke in tweeked it up a little and the saw really handles every thing I have thrown at it very well.It is a real screamer.

Been running the 372's for ever and back about a year ago got a 372xpw,really like it.After got it broke in tweeked it up a little and the saw really handles every thing I have thrown at it very well.It is a real screamer.

You can't go wrong with a 372 the 576 is a little heavier, but are much smoother to run they have a great av system.

I have been told that about them in the past also Mingo,I need to try one because after running day after day all day long smothness would be a big plus.

I have been told that about them in the past also Mingo,I need to try one because after running day after day all day long smothness would be a big plus.

Take our advice, just go get one. You will not regret it. It really is the best saw husky makes for logging (here in the east).

How much more $ than the 372's are they,things are pretty tight.

I got my 576a/t with a 24" bar at Boonville for $720 they always have great deals on saws there. Things are tight tough time to be in the logging business. Having a little issue with the 576a/t flooding.

Very nice work Mingo, far cleaner and nicer landing than most guys keep.

Here's a few pics I took yesterday afternoon at quitting time. My man Dennis on the pile for perspective. Three loads of pine pulp in that pile, they went out this AM...first one was 12.27 cords on the tri-axle straight job..Red pine and bull pine.

1227111531.jpg

1227111531a.jpg

Go to cut the first hitch and the 576 starts to act up won't idle flooding. Hike out get the trusty old 372 get half way through cutting first hitch and that conks out dirty fuel fitler. That get me thinking {which can be dangerous} change the fuel filter in the 576 and it runs great. Thinking the filter was making the electronic carb think it was lean and was fatting up the mix. With the saw flooding you wouldn't think of the fuel filter. Maybe the 576 isn't a f@#$ing junk after all which I was mumbling to myself as I was walking out to get the 372, an apology maybe in order. Here's a couple of pics the 372,and the 2 fuel filters the one on the left is from the 372 twice as dirty as the 576 filterView attachment 214434View attachment 214435.

Great pictures Mingo.:msp_thumbup:

I see all that brush, and think about dragging a cable through it and tossing chains (I never liked cables)......and I get the piss shivers! LOVE my grapple.:heart:

Great pictures Mingo.:msp_thumbup:

I see all that brush, and think about dragging a cable through it and tossing chains (I never liked cables)......and I get the piss shivers! LOVE my grapple.:heart:

You got that right a grapple would be nice, but at my advanced age don't want to buy any more iron. Where abouts in N.H. do you work out of looks like you cut a lot a lot pine.

Mid state, on the Maine border. Actually, my brother's lot is right on the border. A stone wall separates his pig pen from Maine. I am cutting his pine after the next lot is done.

Advancing age is the best reason to get a machine that takes a lot of work out of it for you.
People love them Timberjacks, you'd have no trouble selling that.
Best thing I ever did for myself is get this grapple.

I'm really expecting that Husky will get the 576 and other ATs right in short order. Great concept, as Stihl's MS441C, give them time and they'll be next to perfect. Shed some weight and lookout Sthil !

We need them both (Companies) to keep pressing the envelope of development for more great saws to enjoy. What a great time in Chainsaw advancement IMO.

Latest posts

Back