Bought a 576 AT

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you ever ran the 372 XT? I wander how much of a weight difference there is between the 2? I REALLY like the sounds of the 576AT.

Before I bought the A/T I tried out all 3 576, 576a/t, 372. Now as I understand it all 3 have the same motor with different carbs. The av system on the 576's was a lot smoother than the 372, and the 576a/t felt stronger in the cut than the other two. 372 was a tad lighter but not enough to make a big difference, and with the better AV I went with the 576a/t. Now that being said the old style 372's were the most reliable saws I've ever owned they just ran and ran without any issues. I had a bad experience with the early 575 and that sent me down the dolmar path and they just did not hold up in a logging enviroment.

Before I bought the A/T I tried out all 3 576, 576a/t, 372. Now as I understand it all 3 have the same motor with different carbs. The av system on the 576's was a lot smoother than the 372, and the 576a/t felt stronger in the cut than the other two. 372 was a tad lighter but not enough to make a big difference, and with the better AV I went with the 576a/t. Now that being said the old style 372's were the most reliable saws I've ever owned they just ran and ran without any issues. I had a bad experience with the early 575 and that sent me down the dolmar path and they just did not hold up in a logging enviroment.

Cool. I'm thinkin its a win - win situation then. I always supected it was though to be honest. I just SO wish the 576AT was available in a RED dress LOL. Ya know that reminds me that the new 555 and 562XP are very true to the 576/AT in that they are Husqvarna's smoothest saws. And IMHO, that says a helluva lot. Thanks Mingo.

It took me a little time to get use to the coke and stop switch on the 576. When you pull the coke out it kicks the stop lever up in the run position,and if you want to start it with out the coke just pull the coke lever out and push it in and your set to go. You can flip the stop lever up with your finger but it's a little akward. I still catch myself pushing down on the stop lever instead of using the coke when I go to start it. Do like the position of the stop lever real nice to get to with your thumb.View attachment 203489

My dad has been using my 576at for some firewood. He says it starts better than any saw i've owned. He really likes it with a 24" bar so far. I still haven't got to run it myself yet.

My dad has been using my 576at for some firewood. He says it starts better than any saw i've owned. He really likes it with a 24" bar so far. I still haven't got to run it myself yet.

Are you back from the west coast yet? My wife and I have done road trips out there the last couple of yearsView attachment 203602, got love those redwoods.

I'm still on the west coast right now. I have pictures of that same tree there.

Here's a picture my dad sent when he mounted the new spikes on it today.

attachment.php

Here's a picture my dad sent when he mounted the new spikes on it today.

attachment.php

That's a nice set of dogs. My 576 came with only one dog had to add the one on the clutch cover,they
are the same as the 372's. I like the shorter ones because I have a 24" bar on and don't want to take
away from the lenght.

I like to have a double set myself and I didn't have any extra laying around so I ordered those up. I have bars from 24", 28", 30", and 32" so I can make up for the lost bar length.

View attachment 204580 Here is a picture of a 576 and a Dolmar 7900 air filter side by side. I hear a lot about German engineering linked with the 7900 well you would think they would be to engineer a professional air filter for their saw. The air filter is the Achilles heel of the 7900, and the hd filter which they sock you up to $70 bucks for is poorly made, and will come apart where it is bonded on the base.

View attachment 204580 Here is a picture of a 576 and a Dolmar 7900 air filter side by side. I hear a lot about German engineering linked with the 7900 well you would think they would be to engineer a professional air filter for their saw. The air filter is the Achilles heel of the 7900, and the hd filter which they sock you up to $70 bucks for is poorly made, and will come apart where it is bonded on the base.

I really like the 575/576 air filters and husky filters in general. My 7900 has a bad HD filter, just bought a new one today. Gonna fix the old one though. I don't have any problems with the stock ones, but I'm not running 2+ gallons a day through it.

The hd filter would come apart on the bottom and would be hard to detect the only way you could tell is the filter would be clean because all the dirt was getting sucked into the engine. That was the reason I lost a pto bearing. I went back to the stock filter, but you would still find dirt in the carb throat that was getting by the filter. The way husky is set up very little dirt gets to the filter at the end of the day the filter is very clean.

That sucks, husky muffs seem to fall apart a lot faster than Stihl muffs. My dealer had a new OEM 395 muffler the other day and it was made in China.:msp_thumbdn:

It'll be harder yet, now that Stihl seems to be making the new ones out of Stainless Steel.

Sam

That sucks, husky muffs seem to fall apart a lot faster than Stihl muffs. My dealer had a new OEM 395 muffler the other day and it was made in China.:msp_thumbdn:

I've never really had a problem with Husky mufflers. The bottom 2 screws lossened up an I didn't catch it but I never had a tube come out like that. I'll put blue loctite on them when i get the new one. Checked the screws a few times when I got the saw and they were fine, but will have to keep an eye on them from now on.

Latest posts

Back