Bought a new trailer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STLfirewood

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I picked this trailer up today. I had a guy call and tell me it was for sale. A better new to me trailer was on my wish list and I couldn't pass the deal up. Now I have to sell my old one. I have to cut a new floor for the old one then put it on craigslist. It has new tires. Anyone know what I should ask for it?

Scott

sweet new trailer, I see it has already been put to good use. Nice score. Tough to say what you could get for the old one. I watch CL for trailers among other things, and prices are all over the place.

Dude, suck it up and keep it. After your tires and new floor you it'll be worth more to you than what folks will want to pay. You cant have too many trailers.

I picked this trailer up today. I had a guy call and tell me it was for sale. A better new to me trailer was on my wish list and I couldn't pass the deal up. Now I have to sell my old one. I have to cut a new floor for the old one then put it on craigslist. It has new tires. Anyone know what I should ask for it?

Scott

What is wrong with your old trailer that you wanted to replace it?

Do you really need to sell it?

If you do need to sell it....have you been pricing new and used trailers?

Sounds like you have a saw mill....good stuff!

217879d1326758104-img_0280-jpg

217880d1326758129-img_0281-jpg

217881d1326758151-img_0282-jpg

Last edited:
Both trailers have new tires on them already. The floor wouldn;t cost me much just some labor. I have a sawmill and can cut the boards. I'm hoping to get $1500-$1800 for the white trailer. The paint looks rough but it's still a stout trailer with 5200# axels. The tires even though they are 15" are rated at 2800#. I know you can never have to many trailer but between dad and I we have (now without selling any) 2 skid steer trailers 16ft and 20ft, one 16ft utility/slide in cattle rack trailer,one 18ft car hauler 16ft with a 2ft dove. 3 dump trailers, a 4x8 small trailer. So we have enough. I mainly wanted to upgrade the skid steer trailer.

Scott

Do you really need to sell it?

If you do need to sell it....have you been pricing new and used trailers?

Sounds like you have a saw mill....good stuff!

217879d1326758104-img_0280-jpg

217880d1326758129-img_0281-jpg

217881d1326758151-img_0282-jpg

I haven't been pricing trailers. I guess I need to. I don't need to sell it but I don't need to keep it either. That's a good thing because then I can weight on my price.

Scott

Nice !

Nice score on the New trailer man !
Nothing better to help save some wear and tear on a wood hauling truck and that looks to be a beaut

Back