Bought the bullet!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KYLogger

Professional Tree Assassin
Reaction score
Well guys I finally did it, I joined the dark side!!!!! I blew up my 044 Mag the other day (my main felling saw) and intended to replace it with a 460 (I still want one) dealer was out and would take two days to get one, I went to our little country Husky dealer and looked at what he had in stock, there was a brand new 576 with my name on it and I took it home. First Husky I have owned, and I like it. It cuts like a DREAM! Different beast than a Stihl though, your powerband is way different. Cut a 28" Red Oak leaning at a 35 degree angle like a hot knife through butter!! I like it alot, not saying I will replace all my Stihls wiith Huskys but I will give em a look from now on!

Tom

'

Welcome to the "Enlightened Side". After finding AS- I no longer own a Stihl. Husky is on the edge of innovation right now and I think Stihl is a little full of themselves and becoming complacent in their current offerings. If I was buying tomorrow- it would be a Husky or Johnsered.

forgot the new saw rep. I ought to rep ya twice for trying something new. But it wont let me. Somebody help me out!:clap:

Sounds like you made a good choice. I sent about 10 million cool points to you.:cheers:

Congrats on the new saw purchase! Growing up, my dad would only run Husqvarna, so that's all I knew. I knew about Stihl, just never looked into them. Once I found this site, I learned about Dolmar, Redmax, etc. I am now completely brand-neutral, as you can see from my signature. I think when people only buy one brand, they are potentially cheating themselves out of the best product.

It has nothing to do with brand loyalty for me. I almost got a dolmar - except it wouldn't start @ 8F when I had my demo loaner 2 years ago.

My stihl aversion comes from too low of cost/value ratio. They sit on their name (as mentioned - lack of innovation), don't deliver performance commensurate with their pricing, and generally have never gotten my interest enough to want one.

It's like BMW vs Mercedes - the bimmer is a luxury performance sedan, the benzo is an overpriced slouch.

I just like saws at a gd price. Whether it is Orange yellow red blue or pink. All that matters to me is it starts when I need it and runs and cuts gd.

Back