BR600 RPMs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greg Lees

Greg Lees

ArboristSite Lurker
Can anyone tell me what Stihl says the idle and WOT rpms should be for the BR600? Mine is almost three years old and it idles at 2300-2350 and WOT is around 7240-7320 by my tach. The air filter is clean, etc. Thanks.

Nitro-Fish

Nitro-Fish

ArboristSite Operative
The owners manual only lists the idle speed which is 2500. I was not impressed by the sound of the 600 (compared to my 340), sounded like it was throttled back but when finally I used it for leaf clean-up, it made a believer out of me. I quess it has something to do with the 4 mix design, my string trimmer is the same way, but it has plenty of go too. I liked the 600 so much, I went back today & got a second one to replace the 340, now I have his & hers BR600's & a 340 that will soon be looking for a new home :clap:

Greg Lees

Greg Lees

ArboristSite Lurker
My reason for asking is that I have not had the blower back for any service since new. Was wondering if it might need a valve adjustment, re: possible power loss. When new it seemed to have a higher exhaust note.

Also, I've adjusted the throttle cable several times to take up the slack, but not sure that would cause the unit to not rev to the limit.