Broke Rear Glass

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsearcey

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well I was loading some big limbs into a tundra I borrowed from my buddy. I was putting in a pretty long piece and like a DA I just let it fall in. It bounced and hit the back left glass :cry:. I was all excited before this because I was getting alot of wood free just a few houses down from me. Talk about stupidity. Now this free wood is going to cost me between 4 and $500. I could have gotten 2 cords split, delivered, and stacked for that, or that 310 I've been planning on buying with some change to spare. Luckily my buddy is way cool and this is his beater truck which sits alot. So not a huge rush in getting it fixed. Anyway just wanted to vent a little. On a positive note though the guy doing the cutting said he could bring me all the wood I want that he is always looking for places to take it :clap:.

Have him check with his insurance agent

It is a comprehensive loss. He may have the coverage and it may have a low deductible. It should not raise his rates. If he has coverage and if he has a deductible naturally you would offer to pay.

Nice to see I'm not the only one with bad luck.. loaded my truck and trailer (12' utility) had about a two hour drive home of FREE white oak.. had a blow out half way home and bent the spindle on the axle..and of course... my trailer was bought 5 years ago with 14" wheel/tires and now they stopped selling that size and went to 15". Couldve order and waited or by two 15 to get off of interstate... $400.00 later and I still have to split and stack it !@$%#^* sounds like a good long term score though congrads

Been there buddy!! what year tundra and does it have the slide rear? If its not the slider your in luck. if it is, you can't just replace the pannel. I think that clover glass place near you can fix it up.

TEMP FiX....Those lexan sheet from lowes and a scoring knife for it....trace it and snap it ...your golden. total cost. -10 bucks

Last edited:
Just replace the whole back piece with some 1/4" plexi...

I will be installing one when my rear window goes. good luck.

Latest posts

Back