Buddy hurt in saw accident...Wear your chaps/pants!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My point is; I have been cutting ,climbing professionally for 25 years never cut my self with a saw and have only used chaps a half a dozen times.
I am not unsafe just because I do not use them and I in no way wish anyone to stop using them.
I am owner of my business and have used saws more in one week than many do their entire life.
Many accidents are caused by clumsyness some carelessness and ppe is great, I wear a hard hat most times, safety glasses all the time I however am personally lax in hearing and chaps.
I will possibly pay for it some day but odds are in my favor that I will not cut my leg. I learned to run a saw before they were preached and learned the proper carrying,starting,care and don't feel intimidated by firing up the 395 and heading to the bush.

In the event of looking like a suck:censored:. :agree2:

UUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGG. PPE anyone??

It is always you Canadians A, I could easily put them on in your area bub. Try coming south of the Mason Dixon in summer and we will see how long you can keep them on while still making production before you drop like a fly in a bug zapper.

See the problem with these kind of pics is it should have a number from 1-10 on the years of training and skill behind the person.
I bet his is was maybe a 3. :chainsawguy:

Last edited:
It is always you Canadians A, I could easily put them on in your area bub. Try coming south of the Mason Dixon in summer and we will see how long you can keep them on while still making production before you drop like a fly in a bug zapper.

Hey, don't be one of the uninformed Americans. Where I live isn't like the typical stereotype we get blanketed with, no I don't live in a Igloo, In the winter here it rarely goes below freezing, and in the summer it can get up to 30deg celcius with high humidity, so ya, if I work in the summer with PPE, I'm about ready to die as well.

Hey, don't be one of the uninformed Americans. Where I live isn't like the typical stereotype we get blanketed with, no I don't live in a Igloo, In the winter here it rarely goes below freezing, and in the summer it can get up to 30deg celcius with high humidity, so ya, if I work in the summer with PPE, I'm about ready to die as well.

I no habla celcius is that a constalation:laugh: Sorry but no, I have lived in Michigan,Nebraska and I understand your summer all too well. You don't even have a clue as to what real heat is. I can fry an egg on pavement in summer here:cheers:

But in the summer after a long hot day don't you feel great after a glass of ice tea and a cool shower?

Bring on the heat I'm SO ready.

I no habla celcius is that a constalation:laugh: Sorry but no, I have lived in Michigan,Nebraska and I understand your summer all too well. You don't even have a clue as to what real heat is. I can fry an egg on pavement in summer here:cheers:

LOL, I do understand what real heat is. Do you think I've lived in a Igloo my whole life?? Do you know what hot + humid is?? LOL If you can do math then convert C to F. And most of the time when I'm cutting in the summer, the PPE is in the truck, hot is hot.

Where you are I'm guessing its dry heat??? allot easier to take then Humid heat.

Last edited:
LOL, I do understand what real heat is. Do you think I've lived in a Igloo my whole life?? Do you know what hot + humid is?? LOL If you can do math then convert C to F. And most of the time when I'm cutting in the summer, the PPE is in the truck, hot is hot.

Where you are I'm guessing its dry heat??? allot easier to take then Humid heat.

No there good bud it is the most humid place besides Houston Texas I have worked. I Know ya,all sometimes have a hot day here and there 90S try 115 degrees with 98% humidity for three months and wakeing up to 99 degrees!

Anyway, this is the dumbest argument I think I've ever been in. I was just making a point about PPE, I'd much rather be too hot then have my dang leg sawed in half, and you can't argue with that.

Anyway, this is the dumbest argument I think I've ever been in. I was just making a point about PPE, I'd much rather be too hot then have my dang leg sawed in half, and you can't argue with that.

I can too, the heat here kills very often and is more threatening than being cut imo.

Yes, I know, people have died here too from heat exposure. I'm no dummy, this is why you cant be stupid??? Keep hydrated, you'll be fine.

Lol keep hydrated my azz lol you would have to have intervenious fluid wearing those hot sobs in summer while still producing a living here.

Lol keep hydrated my azz lol you would have to have intervenious fluid wearing those hot sobs in summer while still producing a living here.

Whatever man, now your arguing for the sake of arguing, if you were to read all that I have said, I said I don't even wear it in the summer.

Give it a rest.

Latest posts

Back