Building a 372XP Big Bore With 272XP Piston

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you intend to cut the squish band and how much do you need to take out?

Pretty funny after mentioning you'd ordered 5 x 272 pistons in the other thread for pop ups :D You'll have a few spares now :cheers:

I went and seen a guy in Sydney, he's going to cut the squish for me for $100 using cnc, he can also do a popup for me for $30 but I don't think that will work.
I was planning on taking out a little over .045
I'll give him the current squish reading with 372 piston and then just give him the lot and he can work it out,
He pretty good with 2 stokes, he's built race bikes race kart motors and bike saws.

How do you intend to cut the squish band and how much do you need to take out?

Pretty funny after mentioning you'd ordered 5 x 272 pistons in the other thread for pop ups :D You'll have a few spares now :cheers:

I was on YouTube the other night checking out your vids, you've got a nice 7900!! I think I won't one now after seeing it pull a 42" bar!!!
I'm only guessing it is you on there though?

I was on YouTube the other night checking out your vids, you've got a nice 7900!! I think I won't one now after seeing it pull a 42" bar!!!
I'm only guessing it is you on there though?

Yeah I'm the main culprit there.
Funnily enough the 7900 pulling that 42" bar buried in Redgum is actually way less powerful than the pop upped one that Brad Snelling has built me since. That one has over 600 hours on it now and is still pulling 210psi compression :)

I still don't like the way it runs. :([/QUOTE]

If you would like to part with that cylinder, I've got a nice little home for it on my 372...
I've got $$$ :msp_biggrin:

Yeah I'm the main culprit there.
Funnily enough the 7900 pulling that 42" bar buried in Redgum is actually way less powerful than the pop upped one that Brad Snelling has built me since. That one has over 600 hours on it now and is still pulling 210psi compression :)

If I ever get a 7900 that's where I'll be sending it,

Or mastermind..

This is weird........I got a notification......but no one has replied.

Good thread to bump though.

This 272 piston in a 372 BB was a waste of time. I didn't have anywhere near the grunt that a full circle piston had. Case compression suffers with the 272 piston, it takes up less volume in the case...

Another case of the original designers knowing more than a redneck with a grinder. :laugh:

Back