Building a 390XP Monster

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surely you can mount a radiator and a small thermo fan on it somewhere for more sustained cutting? :)

Well, I honestly didn't know, never been around the saw racing scene. Just wondered about it, a modern large displacement saw, but not built by stihl or husky, etc. something maybe not a "race" config, just strong "stock" if that makes any sense. Just like you can have the same vehicle be a pure race car or detuned/built such as to be able to use it on the street.

I knew it was a borderline silly question, but.......don't hurt none to ask either. I guess these saws have no provision for the starter side flywheel to have a fan, etc?

Actually what would be cool in my mind is a twin cylinder 372XPW. A side-by-side with an alternating firing pattern.

150cc husky ,hmm a band saw and a tig welder ,press the crank halfs apart ...................

Hmmmmmm!!!

0502121959-M.jpg

Looks like some good work. It kinda looks like a bench in indiana. :msp_wink:

so ,i see it has a head on it now. looks like it still has the oem carb, what carb you switching to?

Brad you are making we want an orange saw and i have always been a white and orange saw guy!!
:hmm3grin2orange:

Gink595 can make you a two-piece head, as can Nik if he's not too busy.

I'm sure they can. I just wish these people wouldn't post photos of such delectable items when they know others on the forum struggle to control themselves around such goodness :D

I'm sure they can. I just wish these people wouldn't post photos of such delectable items when they know others on the forum struggle to control themselves around such goodness :D

Hey Matt I have access to a lump of aluminium, a drill press and a powered hacksaw - send over that lazy 390 of yours :laugh:

Latest posts

Back