Built a table for the splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blazin

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
After adding the log lift a few months ago, I finally got around to getting the table fabbed up and added a jack leg. Sure is nice not to have to pick them monsters up again!:clap: Almost ready for paint!:D

DSCF0003-10.jpg

DSCF0004-13.jpg

DSCF0005-8.jpg

DSCF0002-14.jpg

DSCF0006-8.jpg

DSCF0008-2.jpg

Nice work there,:clap:

I wish I had a welder and welding abilities..

Well done Blazin!,

Looks great! Is it working well? I was thinking of one for mine to replace those cheesey "wings" that bolt onto the sides. My reasoning is that since my splitter (Hori/vert) has the wedge on the cylinder, the wood typically falls short of the front end. Those wings are just not quite wide enough and get bent up too easily. :cheers:

Nice Job!

Blazin, It turned out well! What color are you planning to paint it? Mine is still not painted. I would like to put a lift like the one you made. Show us a pic when you get it painted. A before and after shot!:clap:

nice setup...

how's the fixed four way working out?

Thanks guys! All the adds I've done have made life so much easier to say the least! It's so nice to get after them big old rounds now, Lift em up and blast em into 4 pieces one shot! The 4 way really makes some wood in a hurry! I'm in the works of finishing up a toolbox for the front, and then I'll be ready for a few coats of JD yellow!:cheers:

046.. the 4 way is'nt fixed, it just slides on to the fixed wedge.

Great!

Great job man.. Got some ideas for my kids splitter. That slip on 4 way is a great addition. Have you used it a lot and does it need to be modified in any way?

Great job man.. Got some ideas for my kids splitter. That slip on 4 way is a great addition. Have you used it a lot and does it need to be modified in any way?

I've done 5 or 6 full cord with the splitter since the mods and it works like a charm!

That looks sexy, Blazin. And if all else fails, you could always barbecue a pig on it.

nice splitter, I think JD green would be much classier. Not trying to be nosy, but how much $ in material, and hrs spent designing and building.

Hey Blazin, What is your hieght of your wedge and the hieght of the 4 way? Charlie

The wedge is 18" high and the 4 way wings are 8" up from the beam. I built this one for doing big wood for the OWB, But I have another one started for doing the smaller stuff for my indoor stove at camp.

nice splitter, I think JD green would be much classier. Not trying to be nosy, but how much $ in material, and hrs spent designing and building.

I thought about green, but I have 4 gallons of JD yellow on the shelf, Plus yellow will match the Dozer better!:D Roughly right now I've got around $500 in the lift, wedge, and table(that includes: 2 spool valve, lift cylinder, hoses, and steel). I built the lift and the wedge in one weekend and spent a day on the table and jack leg. I did also spend a few hours circling the splittler with a beer(s) in my hand plotting the adds!:hmm3grin2orange:

The wedge is 18" high and the 4 way wings are 8" up from the beam. I built this one for doing big wood for the OWB, But I have another one started for doing the smaller stuff for my indoor stove at camp.

I thought about green, but I have 4 gallons of JD yellow on the shelf, Plus yellow will match the Dozer better!:D Roughly right now I've got around $500 in the lift, wedge, and table(that includes: 2 spool valve, lift cylinder, hoses, and steel). I built the lift and the wedge in one weekend and spent a day on the table and jack leg. I did also spend a few hours circling the splittler with a beer(s) in my hand plotting the adds!:hmm3grin2orange:

Any pictures of the completely finished product? Looks real good!!!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back