burnout

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what does everyone else do to battle the feeling of being burned out this time of the year. not really the work that gets to me but the bidding jobs.

Well this week we have done close to 16 hour days from last weeks storm until last night. Today cleaned and sharpened saws, sorted out some gear etc... sent the chip truck out to finish off a few jobs. Insurance work still pouring in and will be for quite some time. I am telling reg customers that I simply don't have time to look at their trees, and won't until September the way things are going! I am hopefully going to have a fulltime crew leader and another groundie I hired today to take some relief off me. It's been insane and not that I am complaining, all the co's around here should have steady work until September or more just from this storm. I am giving Dave aka Pelorus and his friend a few jobs up there way and am gratefull they are helping me out that's for sure. It's weird, kinda feeling burnt out but once we are working and the $ is coming in that's what its all about! Got some nice new toys this week also! View attachment 306113

what does everyone else do to battle the feeling of being burned out this time of the year. not really the work that gets to me but the bidding jobs.
dude I hear ya. Its the estimates that seem to push me to the breaking point sometimes. I dont minda busting out tree work all week but then doing estimates most of the day saturday with some thrown in during the week and on sundays is the part I dont like. Plus calling people and emails in the evening. I just keep thinking about winter and grind away. I have done much better this year than last with dealing with it though. Not sure how. I have done better at screening my estimates to decide if there worth going on. I prolly have shaved 20% off the number of calls and I buy myself just a smidge of free time and still am 4 weeks out with work. So I figure I am learning something on how to do things. Last year I booked a couple small vacations with the fam and that was like little milestones to look forward to. The TCIA expo was one and then Flordia in Feb was another. Nice to have something lined up to look forward to.

Well this week we have done close to 16 hour days from last weeks storm until last night. Today cleaned and sharpened saws, sorted out some gear etc... sent the chip truck out to finish off a few jobs. Insurance work still pouring in and will be for quite some time. I am telling reg customers that I simply don't have time to look at their trees, and won't until September the way things are going! I am hopefully going to have a fulltime crew leader and another groundie I hired today to take some relief off me. It's been insane and not that I am complaining, all the co's around here should have steady work until September or more just from this storm. I am giving Dave aka Pelorus and his friend a few jobs up there way and am gratefull they are helping me out that's for sure. It's weird, kinda feeling burnt out but once we are working and the $ is coming in that's what its all about! Got some nice new toys this week also! View attachment 306113

Did three non insurance jobs today in Gravenhurst. Tired, but it feels great getting bills paid up and having $$$ left over. Winter is long and slow times here.
Saw another tree outfit (Terry West) dismantling a large backyard maple today with a cool looking small tracked lift - supposedly 90' work height. You need one of them, Devon! Looked a lot more compact than a Teupen, but I didn't catch the name on it.

Latest posts

Back