Buy this 066, Yes or No?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan'smilling

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
imagejpeg_0.jpg IMAG0130.jpg IMAG0137.jpg IMAG0140.jpg Would you buy this 066? What would you pay?

It's a later model with the bump in the cover. Half wrap, not a west coast saw. Compression is at 140#. Decent to hit cosmetic shape. Seller says it's original, no AM components.

Assume that you are in the market for a 90cc saw. In other words, tell me what you'd pay if you didn't already own 4 066s a 390, and a 395. :)

imagejpeg_0.jpg

It is hard to tell. The seller says no scoring, but that was my first thought also. Certainly could be the light though. Thanks for telling me what I thought I'd hear. I really appreciate the quick responses guys!!

As of right now, unless the seller wants to come down on the price, I'm gonna hold off.

Great saws...price can vary with condition obviously but why argue over a few bucks?? So easy to build & rebuild those saws! $300 is a steal, $400 fair if it runs & idles well. To me I would want to know the bottom end is sound and sealed....the rest?? I wouldn't be too picky if it runs, idles, is complete, and looks reasonably clean for the age of that saw. $500? It better be really clean.

Well, I bought a different one...

It wasn't cheaper, but it was a MUCH better deal. 1e79d3bb421206a9adbcc8404f331da6.jpg
Yep, it's got a MMWS sticker on there. I'm pretty stoked to get it. Not quite sure when that'll happen yet, but I can't wait. It's never seen wood since leaving Randy's. Thanks to the great members here and over there.

That saw definitely needs some attention. Compression is low and piston is scored.

Thanks Brad, that's what I thought too. I haven't been an active member here for long, but I feel very lucky to have learned enough to know that something wasn't quite right with that one.

Without this place (and o P e), I probably would've bought that saw and run it. Probably would've ruined it, too. Now I know better. Posting here and over there not only confirmed that I should pass on that one, but got me generous offers to buy 2 great saws. I'm tickled pink to get to be the owner of a MMWS 660 sometime very soon. Much better outcome.

Back