Can anyone tell me about this splitter before I buy it for $800.00

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No worries

You asked him the right questions and uncovered his scam. Good for you. You had him by the short hairs and probably could have gotten it for less. Like was said before, they don't know when to quit. Hope you split enough to pay for it.
I bought mine from a craigslist ad, turned out to be a guy I worked with, for $400. And that is the price he had it listed for. He had no idea what brand it was. I found the Brave logo on the pump mount. I'm assuming a 22 Ton capacity. It's a Brave Manufacturing Horiz./Vert splitter with a newer 5 hp Briggs and 11 gpm 2 stage pump, built in 1985. 4 1/2" cyl. Lovejoy coupling was bad when I bought it. New coupling, and away we go! Thing runs flawless, looks like he!!, but runs like a top. This thing will punish some of the gnarliest wood you throw at it.

I wouldnt worry about the tonnage. When that splitter was made the companies back then probably never overstated the splitters true splitting force. In todays market, your splitter would most likely sport a 20 ton tag.

Latest posts

Back