Can Someone Explain the Three Saw Plan

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I currently have a stock 40, modded 60 and stock 70cc autotune, and maybe I need a 50cc AT, and a ported 395xp

But next up will be a 3500kg tandem caged trailer to fill with firewood, not just my current 7x4 750kg "rated" box trailer. Probably won't be a tipper trailer though.

3 saw plan-3 of each color, 3 orange ones, 3 red ones, 3 green ones , etc. the only exception is yellow, got to have as many of that color as you can get!

:rock: LMAO. A newbie OP asks a question for clarification - and gets every interpretation possible. Great thread.:rock:

Ralph in MN

What do you cut? (wood type)
How much do you cut per year and why?
The WHY part is important.......

Two saws leave you one to get your rear end out of a jam.
Three saws means that you need not use the 8 lb sledge hammer to hang a picture for the wife. (Get it?)

Do you climb? Ladder or spurs or both?
70cc class, really, self explanatory.
50cc class, useful for many things.
30-40cc class, ground work or advanced amateur off the ground work.
Top handle saws - best for climbing and ground work.

Saw displacement(engine size) is just as important as the length(s) of bar(s) you have.
ALWAYS use a sharp chain. ALWAYS USE A SHARP CHAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!
Chain type - cutter style and full/skip are important.

NOW, you have been given by the others SO MANY ideas of the "three saw plan."

It is up to you to venture in with another post as to what you are using your saw for.

I climb with a 020T and 026 Stihl and an Echo 346.
Ground work includes using the Stihl 026, Ms 440 and even the 020T and Echo 346.
Dropping a tree over 15 in., the MS 440 with bars from 20in. to 32in. Will also use the 026 with an 18in for smaller trees.
I have a Tanka 3410 for backup in climbing and carving.

All the jokes aside, it is my wish that the others have answered your question.
CAD = chainsaw addiction.
Ask yourself this, how many hammers do you have? How many hammers does a good woodworker or carpenter have? And what do you use them for .........

The green one is for the helper

I currently am on a 3 saw plan. a Husky 455 , Husky 365 , and a $79 dolllar 16" poulan for a guest, helper or if somone need to borrow one. :hmm3grin2orange:

Back