Carefull what you say!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I had a shop like that around here too. The dealers here are like the Soup Nazi. They glare at you and bark "what do you want?", and you'd better know. No questions, no chatting, no changes or options. Your business seems to be more of an inconvenience to them -- get your business done and get out. And they don't even carry a lot of the product lines.

I'm closer to Washington DC than Romney WV. Romney is about 40 miles , DC is around 30. Ya know Sawtroll I'd loved to have you come by one day. I'd say now you sit there and watch me sell these 290's and if you say one word I'll beat you with a hose full of sand,LOLOLOLOL

Really you and me would have a blast. Beleive it or not I can get into saws as much as anyone. I could probably point out a few things even you don't know...

that one busted my gut LOLOLOLO:ices_rofl:
rep comming when i can

Well maybe I'm alittle different. I hate going into any business and have someone give me the yes sir, no sir, can I help you treatment. I want people to talk to me the way I talk, like what the hell you here for so I can reply if I wanted you to know I'd tell ya. That kind of talk I can relate to. Even my family doc I've had for over 30 years knows how I am and he cuts up and carries on with me even when I'm sick, my kinda doc......

You better start practising your sales skills and vocabulary ....for when the times comes that a small guy with a german accent starts giving you hell about those lousy Steals you sell....:stupid::hmm3grin2orange:

This post is out of place, but may Belgian would like to see what I have running now...

170725d1296675658-dscn2988-jpg

I'll bet this saw would have ol' Tommy scratching his head, if he weren't afraid of messing up his do!

Mark

There are still good dealers out there. You're a cut above them Tommy old boy. :)

A quick story about my dealer from just last week... So I rebuilt that 028 Super "in a bucket" I got for free. Last piece I needed was a new air filter assembly. Been lookin' on ebay for awhile and came across nothing. I wanted a new one. Almost thought about goin with an aftermarket one.

Anyways... I was in the shop the other day buyin some chain and files. I asked by chance... if he could check to see if he had an air filter assembly for an 028. He went back to look... came back with one in his hand. Factory Stihl parts, with the choke and all. Siad he actually had 2 on the shelf. Charged me $21 dollars for it. I thought that was a little low... but what the heck... I paid the man and left. I was just happy to have a factory Stihl part form my 20+ year old saw.

So my Pops has an 028, and I told him about that deal and he told me to go pick up the other filter for his saw. Next day I goes back in for the other filter. Guy says... "You got a good deal on that filter. I misquoted the price... It was actually $35 dollars." So he then tells me since he sold me the first one for $21, he would sell me this one for $21 as well... I told him I wouldn't take it for the $21 dollars... and that he needed to charge me full price for the second filter. He was shocked that I would offer that up.

I told him he'd been takin' care of me and my saws for almost 15 years... it was the least I could do. I gladly paid the man the $35 plus tax. Take care of the cats that are takin' care of you and your equipment. They'll treat you right in the end.

Might even get a funny phone call from them. :)

Gary

You better start practising your sales skills and vocabulary ....for when the times comes that a small guy with a german accent starts giving you hell about those lousy Steals you sell....:stupid::hmm3grin2orange:

Pffffffffffffffffffft, you best learn some Roy D Mercer southern slang before you come round here messing with me. I'm bad to da bone and them some, now thats pretty bad brother Belgian. Let me tell how bad I is.

I went to Wendys abit ago. I'm walking to the counter and no one is up there. About the time I approach that cute thang with the hotty behind and the manager come up behind the counter. The manager tosses me my usual frosty I get everyday. He caught me off guard and I almost dropped it but I held onto it. Little miss cutie pie starts giggling. Not to be outdone I tell the manager toss her over the counter and lets see if I can catch her, boy her face went from giggles to all blushing,hahaha. Ought to be againsit the law for a female to have a behind like that gal has, its tuff on old guys like me, might kill me but man what a way to go,wowowow...

Good shop story for today.

Fellow brings me a old beat up 021 for a buddy of his to check out. I pull the rope, little compression, know right away its scored. I pull the muffler, bingo, fried bigtime. I show the man the scored piston, put the muffler back on and hand him the saw. He says I'll take it back to my friend and tell him what you found. I said well that thing is old, beat up, not really worth a new cylinder and piston. He goes ok, I'll tell him, he'll probably just throw it away. I go well tell him if he's gonna pitch it I'll use it for parts. He goes ok, I'll tell him, out the door he goes with the saw, no charge.

Hour and half later here comes the same guy back carrying that old 021. He says my buddy said you can have this. I go ok. Then he says my buddy claims you overcharged him on a Husky saw you worked on a few weeks ago. I go really, whats his name. He told me. I go awww that dayumm thing. I said I didn't overcharge him, he got a free fuel hose installed, some missing screws replaced and a carb cleaning. I think I charged him 25.00. He says well he feels you overcharged him. I go well lets look up the ticket and see cause I know I don't overcharge anyone.

Sitting at the computor looking in the system for the ticket he goes well why don't you just call him and talk to him. I go ok, whats his number. He gives me his buddies number and then it gets good.

I call the man and he answers with hello. I go are you so and so. He goes yeah. I go what the hell is this BS I hear you think I overcharged you on fixing your Husky saw. He goes huh. I go you heard me, your friend here tells me you think I over charged you, dayummed if I overcharged you but I sure as hell will nexttime. He busts out laffing and says I told him to tell you that and to give you pure hell. I go well its on now, this POS 021 you sent him down here with to get checked out, well that'll be 35.00 check out fee and I'm keeping the saw. He goes well I'll just get my ball bat and come down there and wear you out. I go yeah, well bring it, I'll kick your azz all the way back to where you came from, ya hear me. He is rolling on the phone. We went back and forth for about 20 minutes. It was hilarious. The odd part was I had no idea who the man was and it was the first time I ever spoke to him. I figured what the hell, lay it on his hide.

Now the funny part. His friend he sent with the saw was sitting in the chair laffing so hard I thought he was gonna die. He looked like he was going to fall out the chair any second.

So be carefull when you accuse someone of overcharging you, they may be like me and call you with a can of whoop azz,haha

You forgot one little charge Tommy...The 5 dollars for the can of vaseline to make it easyer to shove that saw up his,,.... LOL!!!
You sound like this man I work with all the time,,and people at work nicknamed him Mr. Sunshine...Me and him worked together since 1988 and the people that dont know him think he is the grumpiest SOB that ever lived...He always told the bosses at work *my Grandma used to have a saying about you sneaky people,, **** you *...LOL!!
After workin beside him for 23 years no wonder Im half gray headed from my nerves....I only set him off one time thats when he was bent over grinding on a mold and I took a torch to his butt,,and he wasnt mad cause I burnt all the loose threads off his blue jeans,,but mad when I was on the ground rollin around laughtin at him slappin his butt.....Never a dull moment with him....

There are still good dealers out there. You're a cut above them Tommy old boy. :)

A quick story about my dealer from just last week... So I rebuilt that 028 Super "in a bucket" I got for free. Last piece I needed was a new air filter assembly. Been lookin' on ebay for awhile and came across nothing. I wanted a new one. Almost thought about goin with an aftermarket one.

Anyways... I was in the shop the other day buyin some chain and files. I asked by chance... if he could check to see if he had an air filter assembly for an 028. He went back to look... came back with one in his hand. Factory Stihl parts, with the choke and all. Siad he actually had 2 on the shelf. Charged me $21 dollars for it. I thought that was a little low... but what the heck... I paid the man and left. I was just happy to have a factory Stihl part form my 20+ year old saw.

So my Pops has an 028, and I told him about that deal and he told me to go pick up the other filter for his saw. Next day I goes back in for the other filter. Guy says... "You got a good deal on that filter. I misquoted the price... It was actually $35 dollars." So he then tells me since he sold me the first one for $21, he would sell me this one for $21 as well... I told him I wouldn't take it for the $21 dollars... and that he needed to charge me full price for the second filter. He was shocked that I would offer that up.

I told him he'd been takin' care of me and my saws for almost 15 years... it was the least I could do. I gladly paid the man the $35 plus tax. Take care of the cats that are takin' care of you and your equipment. They'll treat you right in the end.

Might even get a funny phone call from them. :)

Gary

Your the kind of people we like dealing with. Whats that place's number, I need to call them and say some guy told me yaw UNDER-CHARGED him on a air filter, what da hell is wrong with yaw,LOLOLOLOL

Sweet saw Mark!!!!

This post is out of place, but may Belgian would like to see what I have running now...

I'll bet this saw would have ol' Tommy scratching his head, if he weren't afraid of messing up his do!

Mark

Wow,,,looks great and I bet you took that in a saw shop around this area they wouldnt have a clue........

You forgot one little charge Tommy...The 5 dollars for the can of vaseline to make it easyer to shove that saw up his,,.... LOL!!!
You sound like this man I work with all the time,,and people at work nicknamed him Mr. Sunshine...Me and him worked together since 1988 and the people that dont know him think he is the grumpiest SOB that ever lived...He always told the bosses at work *my Grandma used to have a saying about you sneaky people,, **** you *...LOL!!
After workin beside him for 23 years no wonder Im half gray headed from my nerves....I only set him off one time thats when he was bent over grinding on a mold and I took a torch to his butt,,and he wasnt mad cause I burnt all the loose threads off his blue jeans,,but mad when I was on the ground rollin around laughtin at him slappin his butt.....Never a dull moment with him....

Good story. Life it just too short to be a ole sour puss all the time, ya gots to have some fun and messing with folks is alot fun.

I worked for a guy once. He told me upfront if he wasn't bit-ching he wasn't happy. Boy that was a understatement but he was happy most the time groweling and raising hell. We all knew when he got quite that was the time to leave him be..

Last edited:

Mark

What type of saw is that?, can't say I've seen one like that.

Its my understanding that he has takin up the Git'tar and is now singing for his Wendy's lunch.

That Martin is whipping my azz good man. I simply refuse to let it win though. I'm gonna master that dayumm thing no matter if it takes me the rest of my days. I keep eyeing that gal at Wendy's my days may be numbered though, my heart starts going fast everytime she walks by, I may have a blow out at any moment,LOLOL

Great story. Thanks for sharing. Still have a few stores like that around here but they only talk like that to people they know lol.

One small mom & pop lawn mower/ saw shop I go to. The first time I went in the older guy that runs it started with the "can I help you sir" bit and I said "Don't call me sir you're older than me pops". We'll he then proceeded to tell me how this old man could still whoop a young smart ass like me lol. Been going back ever since.

That should lower his colestrol level,don't quit yer day job tom.
Y'all know we got bigger rep clips now,so give it up for or favorite dealer.

Ha, that guitar and me sit back in the recliner every nite. I bought all these guitar lesson dvd's, hell one set cost me 160.00. Thing is I like watching TV. So I say to hell with the guitar lesson dvd's. I sit back and pluck a string or two and watch my favorite shows. I think that may be the reason I don't sound any better now than the day I bought the dayumm thing,hahaha. I'll get around to learning that guitar one of these days, till then Nashville will just have to wait...

Ha, that guitar and me sit back in the recliner every nite. I bought all these guitar lesson dvd's, hell one set cost me 160.00. Thing is I like watching TV. So I say to hell with the guitar lesson dvd's. I sit back and pluck a string or two and watch my favorite shows. I think that may be the reason I don't sound any better now than the day I bought the dayumm thing,hahaha. I'll get around to learning that guitar one of these days, till then Nashville will just have to wait...

I tryed to play a guitar and took lessons....Id prob had better luck years ago goin to Cally and becoming a #### star than to wasted my time with my 5 thumbs on each hand....

Latest posts

Back