Carlton bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

floyd

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Bought a carlton bar from one of our sponsors.

Didn't realize it was made in Germany. I never had a problem putting a new chain on a new bar until now. It's on.

I think I have used carlton tips but not bars. Did I screw up? I haven't cut with it yet. just put it on a ran it a little to adjust better. Replaced an old old Oreygun bar that was done. That bar owed me nothing.

Maybe I'm just used to the slop of my old, old bar.

A word of advice...do not call Bailey's late at night to order stuff. Trust me on this.Some don't get & some never will.

Ending on a positive note here. Every order from Bailey's has been right & on time.

i got a new 32 stihl mount in the box setting in the corner,its bent and came that way. i will straighten it when time allows instead of sending it back.

It was so tight it took mean hour to change out a bar & chain. I have done this several times over 35 yr.

I have cut with it & like it but never had so much trouble putting one on.

The problem with the late night order was the person did not have a clue how to access items on their computer. Took about 40 minutes to order 5 items.

Check to be sure that Bailey's sent you the right gauge bar for the chain you are using. Had a guy here in Ohio try to run .058 gauge chain on a .050 gauge bar.:dizzy:

Hmmm I still don't understand what was wrong with the bar.
I wonder who you where talking to late at night Lol!

I got some of the closeout carlton bars that were brushed metal with a clear cote paint on them. One of them the clear cote was inside the bar grove and I had to scrape it out as best as I could. The chain was tight in the groove until I ran it for a minute or so and it wore the rest of it out of the groove and then it was fine.

Billy

Same deal. Just never had one so tight before. German engineering I guess.

I got some of the closeout carlton bars that were brushed metal with a clear cote paint on them. One of them the clear cote was inside the bar grove and I had to scrape it out as best as I could. The chain was tight in the groove until I ran it for a minute or so and it wore the rest of it out of the groove and then it was fine.

Billy

Same here. Only on mine the clear coat started melting on the first cut, and I ended up with wood chips stuck to the side of my bar. Tried to clean it with thinner, and got a gummy mess. I ended up having to use a stripper wheel on my drill to take it all down to the metal. It seems to be OK now, but it pukes oil everywhere but on the chain, so I'm not sure the oil holes are lined up properly. I have other Charlton bars that are OK, but I'm about ready to toss this one...

Latest posts

Back