Cathedral Ceiling Insulation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for the delay in responding been busy the last few days.

First off thank you everybody for taking time to respond, it has helped a ton.

I think what i am going to do is move the door over a foot or so to create more clearance then extend the trusses down to 12 inches. That should let me run R38C insulation in there.

It will cost a little head room, but I would rather finally have a well insulated room. (It is so cold in the winter and so hot in the winter in there.

I am going to get the mold sprayed in the next couple days. Then just close the room up until summer. Need to wait for some fundage, and mine as well it dry for a bit. :)

upsnake, nothing wrong with waiting til you have the money. It also gives you time to do some bargain shopping to get what you need. I'm redoing part of my house into a 24x 54' garage on my house right now and alot of the items I have been collecting for a few years. I haven;t been laid off for 15 years so when I had extra money (yeah right) or found a deal I bought the stuff and set it aside until I had time to do the work. Doors, windows, wood, insulation, poly, nails, screws etc I've been saving every left over scrap from work too. I spend at least an hour a day on Kijiji and other sites looking for deals. You'll be surprised what all you need and how expensive it all is at the lumber yard. So make up a list of all the materials you need including tools and start hitting up Craigs list or whatever you have near you and start getting deals. I'm picking up a used 2 post hoist tomorrow for $900 out of a closed down automotive shop.

I have a 190 ITEM spreadsheet to tickle you on what you need to build a custom doghouse to Stock McMansion....

I purposely don't have a line item for beer though.

I am on day 77 of a complete renovation on a small house on the beach side here.

The beer cans are about three cords, stacked.

Sorry for the delay in responding been busy the last few days.

First off thank you everybody for taking time to respond, it has helped a ton.

I think what i am going to do is move the door over a foot or so to create more clearance then extend the trusses down to 12 inches. That should let me run R38C insulation in there.

It will cost a little head room, but I would rather finally have a well insulated room. (It is so cold in the winter and so hot in the winter in there.

I am going to get the mold sprayed in the next couple days. Then just close the room up until summer. Need to wait for some fundage, and mine as well it dry for a bit. :)

You are better off doing it yourself, and KNOWING its done right. if you can afford to lose the space do it while the temps equalize.

Back