chain loops

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slime

ArboristSite Member
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm working on a Homelite XL 12 with a 20 inch bar. The chain is a Windsor 50A chain, 3/8 pitch, .050 gauge, and has 69 drive links. No telling what the bar is as there are absolutely no numbers or names discernable. Bar is in good shape. All Oregon 20" chain loops of the same pitch and gauge that I've seen have had 70 drive links. I assume an Oregon 72 chain (3/8 pitch, .050 gauge) with 70 drivers will work fine, even though the chain on the saw had 69. I put a 70 drive link chain on to see if it would fit and it does with plenty of room to adjust both ways...tighten and slack. Am I assuming correctly?

Thanks,
slime

I'm working on a Homelite XL 12 with a 20 inch bar. The chain is a Windsor 50A chain, 3/8 pitch, .050 gauge, and has 69 drive links. No telling what the bar is as there are absolutely no numbers or names discernable. Bar is in good shape. All Oregon 20" chain loops of the same pitch and gauge that I've seen have had 70 drive links. I assume an Oregon 72 chain (3/8 pitch, .050 gauge) with 70 drivers will work fine, even though the chain on the saw had 69. I put a 70 drive link chain on to see if it would fit and it does with plenty of room to adjust both ways...tighten and slack. Am I assuming correctly?

Thanks,
slime

Sounds like your good to go

Latest posts

Back