Chain options for Husky 562

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
560xp's are .325 standard over here.

16" nk bar and chains is what I use on mine most of the time.

No complaints.

I'll throw 2 cents in. The hardest part is going to find a NK large mount bar. The 560 is a small mount so all kind of NK options. You should be able run a standard 325 chain. by changing the rim and use a solid nose bar or change the tip if you have a power match tip.

Jeremy

Have a new 562 coming in this week, and my dealer isn't too sure if we can set this saw up with a narrow kerf Oregon .325 chisel and 18" solid milled bar opposed to 3/8 these saws typically come with..

All help is appreciated.

As far as I know, there are no narrow kerf chisel chain?

However, regular .325 is very popular in Europe on the 560xp, that basically is the same saw with a small bar mount.

On the 562, you will have to replace the clutch drum and oiler gear to a small 7-spline setup, to run .325x7 or x8.

is there a narrower kerf 3/8 available for these little girls ? it might be fine with standard 3/8 but I just wondered of the options out there..

Do they come with a 7 tooth sprocket and will still dance with that shorter bar with an 8 ?

There are no narrow kerf 3/8" chain - but the 3/8" lo-pro/picco does cut a narrow kerf, in addition to be low profile. You can't run that stuff on regular 3/8" bars and sprockets though.

There is a member of another forum I am on that runs .325 on his 562 and seems to like it. He has been a logger and now does residential tree removal.

Holmentree assume, former AS member. I have to admit I find his reasoning a bit odd, on this subject....

560xp's are .325 standard over here.

16" nk bar and chains is what I use on mine most of the time.

No complaints.

The first thing I did with mine was to change it over to 3/8" (H42/73LP) - but there is nothing wrong with trying different setups.

Regarding .325NK, I find it less than satisfactory on the 346xp, so it certainly will be on the 560xp.

Latest posts

Back