Chain tool for full wrap bars?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sir1

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
So pictured below is/way my favorite chainsaw side tentioner/chain tool. It came with an older saw I got used once. Never seen any like it since. The flat nose screwdriver tip broke yesterday.

This thing was perfect for fitting into any pocket. And it was easy to use with a full wrap bar to remove bar cover.

Does anybody know if this was designed for stihl saws, or other stihl products? Is there something comparable or better?

Tnx

So pictured below is/way my favorite chainsaw side tentioner/chain tool. It came with an older saw I got used once. Never seen any like it since. The flat nose screwdriver tip broke yesterday.

This thing was perfect for fitting into any pocket. And it was easy to use with a full wrap bar to remove bar cover.

Does anybody know if this was designed for stihl saws, or other stihl products? Is there something comparable or better?

Tnx

Attachments

• 20160323_083415.jpg
    20160323_083415.jpg
    479.7 KB · Views: 136
  • 20160323_083426.jpg
    20160323_083426.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 138
  • 20160323_083431.jpg
    20160323_083431.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 127
Yeah one came with my grampas 029 when he bought it in the 90's. He lost it about 2 years ago.

-chimpboy

I had been looking all over for one like that then I lucked out. Mine is complete with the standard screwdriver bit on the end. There is also the new
version that appears to have the smallish end cut off the standard scrench. Works quite well.

I have a scrench that is just way shorter than the normal one, and it seems to work on all the saws I have with wrap handles. You could also cut the side off that you don't use.

Yeah dealer confirmed today it came with saws from the 90s. Pictured above the screwdriver tip is already broken off...maybe why they changed design.

I have a scrench that is just way shorter than the normal one, and it seems to work on all the saws I have with wrap handles. You could also cut the side off that you don't use.

Dolmar looks neat. Never ran one but almost bought one once.

Also...never knew they were also called "scrench". Learn something new everyday :cheers:

Yeah dealer confirmed today it came with saws from the 90s. Pictured above the screwdriver tip is already broken off...maybe why they changed design.

They are still available from ebay and many people do like them. I have seen quite a few of them as of late and they seem to hold up really well unless they are used as a pry bar LOL

Tnx
I used one about two months ago. I worked on my buddies 034 he had with it. Never seen one before. I've seen a few on ebay though.

Here's one on ebay

I have seen a few of these with the screwdriver tip broken off. I think they made the screwdriver tip a little too hard. Although some of the one I have seen broken I suspect they were used to pry apart the bar groove after it had been pinched.

Back