Chainsaw beauty contest

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who wins the chainsaw beauty contest

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

alderman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Just curious as to who you folks makes the best looking saws now days.

I think the looks of the Stihl's says chainsaw more than any other brand. I know when I go into a shop with several brands I always look the Stihl's over first.

Last edited:
I voted Mcculloch but they are no longer made..at least the real Mcculloch's New ones are nothing more then a POS

I overlooked the Dolmar products, but not intentionally. Feel free to include Dolmar. Actually would like to see one in action myself.

Old McCullochs and Homelites. They are barbaric in design... when I think "chainsaw", the old iron comes to mind.

So the poll said "Now days"...

"Now days" would be Stihl.

Gary

Old McCullochs and Homelites. They are barbaric in design... when I think "chainsaw", the old iron comes to mind.

So the poll said "Now days"...

"Now days" would be Stihl.

Gary

No doubt them ol' macs and homies are some handsome saws Gary, but they aint got nothing on the smooth lines, and just all out sexiness of the Remingtons of days gone by. They look like the 57 chevy of chainsaws.

REMINGTON-BANTAM+(2).JPG

I'm a Stihl guy and voted that way but I do like the looks of some of the Solo saws.

although I really like the lines of the current XP huskys, my favorites are still modded 044/066 generation Stihls

Last edited:
I'm with the other magnesium heads here. Old Macs and Homelites are miles ahead of anything that's made now. Tops would probably be a McCulloch Super 250. I'm sure RandyMac will post a pic of his baby here shortly. A homelite XL923 is a strikingly handsome saw too, as are the XP series and many of the old Homelite gear drives. The view of an old Homelite gear drive from the clutch/tansmission side is a fantastic vision of mechanical power...:cheers:

For the modern stuff....................................well who cares...:greenchainsaw:

Back