chainsaw carving - best saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if the 021 is a rear handle, but folks report the new 211 as a nice stihl for the pricepoint.

A bit heavy for 35cc at 9.5 pho, it is a very smooth saw. On the one I tried the bar tip was quiet at all rpms. I compared the 211 and a husky 435 and the 435 bar was very bouncy, even at ful rpm.

I did not put either saw to wood, but I did run those two saws back to back at various rpms and positions and think the 211 seems promising as a carving saw. And 1/4 pitch sprocket is available from Stihl which is nice.

But I'm with Robbin, I really love my 3200s for a small saw.

Last edited:
I don't know if the 021 is a rear handle, but folks report the new 211 as a nice stihl for the pricepoint.

A bit heavy for 35cc at 9.5 pho, it is a very smooth saw. On the one I tried the bar tip was quiet at all rpms. I compared the 211 and a husky 435 and the 435 bar was very bouncy, even at ful rpm.

I did not put either saw to wood, but I did run those two saws back to back at various rpms and positions and think the 211 seems promising as a carving saw. And 1/4 pitch sprocket is available from Stihl which is nice.

But I'm with Robbin, I really love my 3200s for a small saw.

021 is a rear handle saw, I carved with one for a couple years.

Back