Chainsaw cleacing products

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

regulate34

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have see some people asking about what to use to clean chainsaws. Gas fades plastic and makes it brittle. pressure washing is hard on electronics and seals.
I have been using this product exclusively for 2 years after having it recommended to me by a old timer at the Stihl dealer. It is a Bio-degradable de-greeser. Breaks down Sap/Pitch and all the other stuff sticking to my saws. I get into some very sappy wood once in a while. I soak my chain in it in a tin. comes out sparkling clean.
This combined with my compressor. My saw stay in good clean working order

Looking to see what other guys are using.

I use la's totally awesome.on cylinders I pull I soak them in the citrus cleaner.put them in and watch them bubble.:rock:

you guys don't pull the bar and clean the groove. clean out the clutch cover. clean the air filter and give the saw a wipedown?
I do that after almost ever full day of use. end of the season I do a little more in-depth cleaning.
My rifles are cleaned after every outing. (fired of not)

maybe I am just fussy

You guys clean rifles? I just put mine back in the truck after firing it. On saws, I clean whatever I take apart but I don't take it apart to clean.

Super Clean is good stuff...it doesn't fade the plastics and does a great job of cleaning/degreasing when I'm doing a tear down. After it sets on there for a few minutes most of the gunk rinses right off with a spray nozzle. It does dull the aluminum a little but it looks nice and clean.

I generally get by with compressed air and elbow grease. Very hot water is a good solvent.

On really grungy old project saws, I used to use DILUTED "Westley's Bleche White", followed by lots of garden hose water. Looks like that's been discontinued. Makes me sad. It was good, strong, safe and cheap.

Hollander corp makes a blue 'Cyclone One' All Purpose Super Cleaner for tires, wheels and engines, that is similar to old Bleche White. Safe for paint, plastic and aluminum. Should probably be used diluted.

I use a quart trigger spray to apply, and shake vigorously so the product foams, let it soak for a bit.

Some of the "wonder cleaners" out there WILL fade plastic and turn aluminum dark.

I had to check this thread because I thought I was missing something, I did not know what chainsaw cleacing was? I thought it was something new. lol

Latest posts

Back