Chainsaw Dealers in NY

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Warrensburg

Nobody on here been to the husky shop in Warrensberg, NY? I bought my 359 there. (before I met Spike, maybe I'll meet you there someday charlie) I asked for a discount on the saw and the guy said no way but after buying two extra chains and something else, I forgot, he did give 20% on an 8' logging chain.

OMG that's a long drive dude, lmao... It's gotta be even farther for you from the city dude...

FYI EVERYONE!!!! UPSTATE IS NOT ALBANY!!!! TRY 150 MILES NORTH OF THERE. THAT WOULD BE UPSTATE!!!!!

God these people from the city kill me, lmao... If we had it our way we'd have a border for to seperate southern, NY from northern, lmao...

:cheers:

Sometimes you've got to drive to find somebody who won't lump you up when you're looking to buy. But Warrensberg is a bit too far for us downstate guys, unless I was up in Stoney Creek at my friends house. We like to go out with the guys and go "Big Boy Toy" shopping :) . The more we don't need it, the more attractive it is, especially if it's on sale. Mastercard, there is no substitute!

I second that, upstate does not mean just north of the da*n city. If you come up by Syracuse there is a great local dealer about a half hour drive north of there. House Trucking is the name. Father and son operation. Been around for decades. Lots of parts and saws.
Great service.

OMG that's a long drive dude, lmao... It's gotta be even farther for you from the city dude...

FYI EVERYONE!!!! UPSTATE IS NOT ALBANY!!!! TRY 150 MILES NORTH OF THERE. THAT WOULD BE UPSTATE!!!!!

God these people from the city kill me, lmao... If we had it our way we'd have a border for to seperate southern, NY from northern, lmao...

:cheers:

Well, cisco, there is no need to wait for this so called, border, it already exist in between the two lobes of your brain. :stupid: ;)

I don't drive there from the city. I stopped there once on my way to my property. Do you know of the place? I'm not recommending it, just wondered cause I didn't see it mentioned.

As for upstate, here in NYC, Westchester is upstate. I rarely find people here have ever heard of the Adirondacks. Personally that makes me feel better. :)

1/2 hour drive east for you:

William (Billy) Bratcher, Gage St. Bennington Vt.

Small shop at his home, all around nice human, full service repairs.:cheers: :biggrinbounce2: ;) :D

P.S. only negative is he's only open afternoons

Wow, it was nice to see this. Bill is a good guy and knows his stuff. I haven't been to his place since probably 1992, back in my roadie days. Every now and then you get to wondering "what ever happened to so and so", and it's nice to hear that someone you haven't seen in 16 years is still OK. Thanks MP.

I second that, upstate does not mean just north of the da*n city. If you come up by Syracuse there is a great local dealer about a half hour drive north of there. House Trucking is the name. Father and son operation. Been around for decades. Lots of parts and saws.
Great service.

+1. Gotta give props to House, great dealership, excellent service work last I knew.

Been years since I've been in there, but those guys really know their ****.:chainsaw:

response

There are new 365 saws delivered late last year, and now too.
You might not know this but there isn't a whole lot of wiggle room for most chainsaw dealers regardless of brand.
There is some money in repairs, warranty, accessories and lubricants. Perhaps you should change your approach and see if there's a spare chain, bottle of oil, something else besides a discount.

Great service.

Yep House Trucking is the only dealer I go to around here, always given me good service and advice, went to school with the owners son too. Although I must admit that I do buy some stuff online not for the price (as House is right in line or a little better) just because I dont have alot of free time so home delivery is a big plus. Not to mention just about every time I've been into the shop I've left with a bigger saw added to the stable.... you know when the price is right and CAD takes over :D

It's to bad there arnt more good dealers, I guess I'm luckey to live 30mi from a good one.

I understand that, but alot of people go into a dealerships for the first time and get a deal. Why do u have to be a steady customer???? Thats like saying u gotta earn ur keep before u even buy anything?????. Would, you as a business owner give deals in order to get business. Or sell at book price and barely have any sales? Im glad i found the dealer i did when i was looking for my MS440. He sold me the power head for $600. Honestly at my job, we give 110% at all the jobs we do. We go above and beyond most of the time.

Glad you were able to find the 440. Highly sought after, and not many new ones left, from what i hear.

If anyone ever makes their way all the way over to my side of the state, Woodcutters Headquarters(Akron)is a great dealer for Stihl/Husqvarna and has given me real good discounts or Tri-County Supply (Chaffee) is the largest Husqvarna dealer around and doesn't always discount but always gives extra goodies.:cheers:

I was talking with a guy that does mostly land clearing. He said he usually saves his $$ and goes to some logging show in Albany area. He said he always gets the best cash prices on his saws 660's. I've never been there but just a thought.

There are new 365 saws delivered late last year, and now too.
You might not know this but there isn't a whole lot of wiggle room for most chainsaw dealers regardless of brand.
There is some money in repairs, warranty, accessories and lubricants. Perhaps you should change your approach and see if there's a spare chain, bottle of oil, something else besides a discount.

I know there isn't much wiggle room on these saws, but if your spending $600 on saw it would be nice to get maybe a spare chain, a hat, some oil. The guy im goin to now is that way. I just wish i knew about him sooner. Any questions i have, he can answer them unlike the other guys at the hardware stores lololol. A lil bit after i made this thread, i went to my dealer and purchased a new hedge trimmer. He through in a nice Stihl hat and i was tickled pink cuz i love hats lol. Last spring my brother-in-law and I started a landscaping business. We went to the dealer and he gave us a killer deal on 2 FS110's and BR600. This guy is a great dealer and is worth the 45min drive. We will be headed back in a few weeks to buy more FS110's and a few more BR600.

Latest posts

Back