Chainsaw Garage

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would this be worth while?

• Yes, the more chainsaws the better

Votes: 78 88.6%
  • No!!

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • No.....because I don't like anything.

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
Ok guys, I have an idea. I think you will like it but I wanted to ask all first.
It's a gallery....better than your signature.
I will post some pics of a car version. You tell me if you think you would like this and if so, what info would you think would be necessary. We would have to script it for chainsaws.
I would think this would be pretty cool.

We could add as we go but just the main stuff we would want to list the type of info.
Like muffler mod yes/no
How much did you get it for?
How much have you put into it?
What have you modded on it.

If you don't think it would be fun...then fine but let me know. I will post a poll with it.

I like the idea...but get rid of the measuring stick money concept in terms of info..things like knowing mods and tech stuff is nice. The "How much did you get it for?
How much have you put into it?" crap is pure trailer park cheesy.

I like the idea...but get rid of the measuring stick money concept in terms of info..things like knowing mods and tech stuff is nice. The "How much did you get it for?
How much have you put into it?" crap is pure trailer park cheesy.

We didn't put the "cheesy" part in unless it's still on it from original. I will have to look. We just changed a few pieces of info on it to make it work for what we want.

All sounds good!

There are similar sites with Lets say libraries or straight forward lists of saws.
But to have a organized one that were to be added by members with the BASIC technical info. would be great, it is amazing how much it would be used.

I didn't Qute every one that said the same thing as it has been, but think it is a great idea, and with the traffic, I am sure it would get filled up fast, and attract a LOT of traffic alone!

well its a goodway to show ever one your saws so they can rob you:popcorn:

Tom,

There are better ways to get this information. For example, the picture you posted today of clearing the snow shows your company name on the chip truck. A quick look on Google tells the rest. By the way, looks like there is a leaner at the house with the garage across the street you could take care of. :biggrinbounce2:

Darin,

As a test I tried to add on of my horse drawn vehicles last night. I did not populate the fields on trim or mileage and then got an error message. I hit the back button and it took me back to the original page and did not save any of the information I had input. Can you look into this?

Gary

I haven't put any saws in yet, but I did add some of the Stihl model numbers in. There is still a bunch members need to start adding the numbers.

I do have a question about the pics at the bottom, can that be made to accept html or BBcode? The files are not on my PC, I put them all on a photo host.

I will have Chris look at that tomorrow. There isn't one in there with a photo, there is still a problem.

Also, this is not the classified section. I found a dealer in there posting stuff for sale.

There was a directory permissions issue. It is now fixed and tested. I just added a new item with images.

Chris

There is a feature built into the Garage that we are contemplating using. It is a small image block above the first forum list on the home page. It shows random images from the garage. Would that be something you guys are interested in once we get the Garage populated with more images?

Latest posts

Back