chainsaw not cutting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Posting pictures pursues truth.

Not to long ago on AS there was someone who complained about his chain, posted pictures, and several posters noted that the back of the cutters were significantly rounded and worn.

I believe I read of one person who got his chain sharpened by a neophyte at an engine store who ran it thru a machine and sharpened the back.

So it all happens.

i see your from georgia so its not your fault you have words come out of your mouth that might not sound to intelligent to the rest of the world but no i didnt sharpen the back of the cutters, i flipped my grinding wheel and no more problems, thanks to everyone for the ideas, appreciate the help (ahh the good ol south)
Not for nothing but this is not the way to talk to people that are trying to help you. It seems to me that your the person that can't get their chain to cut, not Hillbilly3995.

When you reply to someone like the above, people such as myself will remember for a long time. Wait until you need more help, good luck! :notrolls2:

haha, just wanted to get under your skin a little, didnt mean to make ya freak out, mission accomplished, take your meds man

Haha? you're no more under my skin than the last idiot I forgot, If you think that was freaking out you've a lot to learn, also "mission accomplished" is a term for real men, you should never use it. I don't take meds "man" nor do I need any, "man".

Just as I expected, another juvenile remark from a punk that just had his ass handed to him and does not know when to quit..

If there is nothing else you've got, you are dismissed junior.

Boy Oh BOY

Look fellas this punk is tired of being made a fool in public so now hes started in my visitor messages;

961kyle
your 46 years old and talkin crap? wish i would have looked at that before wastin my time, im 27 and im sure i have accomplished more than you ever will, useful things, like graduating from a university, not to mention i probably make in a week what you do in a year, so see ya later old man and pick on someone in your age bracket you could keep up with

Listen up Junior, yes I'm 46 and I ran 9 miles this morning while you were sleeping dreaming about George Michaels, do you really think you are the only one with a degree? you make in a week what I make in a year? thats laughable
How many airplanes do you own? I'm also a veteran and I'd bet my bottom dollar I have stepped over far better men than you just to get to a fight.
Tell your daddy he wasted his money on your education as you cannot even write properly.

What you should have posted to my visitor messages was an apology, I'm a forgiving guy and would likely have forgiven your ignorance and lack of respect. You can hammer away at me all you like, you're still outclassed in every way. Give it up junior unless you're ready to throw away that last shred of dignity. Dismissed!

Guess I'm lucky again. I pay only $9.00 each for a fellow to sharpen my big chains. He is only 3 miles away and does a splendid job. It may sound like a waste of money to some but I have other more pressing things at the shop that keep me busy other than taking the time to sharpen myself. Hope you guys can work it out.

Guess I'm lucky again. I pay only $9.00 each for a fellow to sharpen my big chains. He is only 3 miles away and does a splendid job. It may sound like a waste of money to some but I have other more pressing things at the shop that keep me busy other than taking the time to sharpen myself. Hope you guys can work it out.

Ah, a nice calm voice. Have you seen the thread I started ?
http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=146549

Prices seem to range from $3 to $15. The BIGGEST problem seems to be finding a reliable good sharpening service.

gemniii, I'm paying .11¢ per cutter @ 82 cutters for a 60" I might do better somewhere else but it's like buying gas. One station is 5¢ cheaper and I only want 10 gallons. I'm not going to drive 15 miles to save 50¢. Thanks for the link to post. Ya'll got another rep coming your way!

Anyone catch that Primal Grill on TV? Cave Man Steaks? T-bones right on the coals! I'll give this a go with my next batch of home made apple wood charcoal

Hillbilly, I have a Fisher Baby Bear at my shop. I load in pure Apple and Pear wood kindling and all (Lil' bit of Shagbark). Let it coal up big...then scoop it out into a bucket then dowse with water. Place in a paper bag and let dry for a month or so. After that it's ready to go. Don't use a lot of starter fluid for you won't need it. Chaw into a Porterhouse grilled with this and you will be reluctant to use Kingsford or the like again.

Last edited:
Just to keep everyone's hunger on edge - remember these from last summer. It's our Camping pizza oven
attachment.php

attachment.php

your luckey i cant post pictures got one with 20 ribs on the hasty bake with the smoke drifting off .:biggrinbounce2:
Oh, someone mentioned smoking...gotcha covered! ;)

Smoked with miso sauce, my own specialty:
attachment.php

Here's with BBQ sauce, for those with a traditional palette:

attachment.php

About the earlier devolution to mayhem:rant:...Sorry Gents :taped:

Hillbilly,

One thing this guy didn't learn from his parents is manners/respect for other people. When I was a kid if I didn't say yes Sir, yes Mam I got a smacked on the back if my head. Just don't let this guy bug you, everyone here was just trying to help him and he wasn't getting it. His higher education as he states puts him way ahead of us that's why he couldn't figure out why his saw wasn't cutting. Right....

I still think he had the chain on backwards. Where I worked I came in contact with scientists/PHD's daily. They were so smart that they had to wear Velcro shoes because they couldn't figure out how to tie their own shoes. We called the propeller heads.

I'm sure he will read this post, but who cares.....

jerry-

Back