Chainsaw of the Week

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Reaction score
Hi There, I bought a saw today at a silent auction. Its an Eaton and is in real nice shape. Does anyone know about this saw?

John

Last edited:
Hi Sedanman, the only other name I see on the saw is Eaton Tecomaster I believe. The Eaton family owned the largest department store in Canada and is now defunct. Relatives of Timothy Eaton, the founder of Eaton's passed away a long time ago, but the family still resides in this area. They own huge tracks of hardwood, maybe I will show up on their doorstep with this saw and buy some timber.
John

I'm not an expert at much of anything, but that saw has a "power products" engine , which some will know is a Techumseh.

I've got one like it, mine's a Monkey Wards. I think there was kind of a big gray market for chainsaws back in the 1950's.

No wonder it was a silent auction, I think every one that saw it was too scared of it to speak. How much did it set you back in USD? Did the cost include loading with a forklift? How much does it weigh?

Will you actually use it, or try it out?

Looking at the photo I can see how far the industry has evolved for the better.

i don't knwo it almost looks like a knock off lauson or mono. looks like it has a west bend engine in it. my lauson looks almost exactly like it.

Hi There, I got the Eaton for 45 CDN or about 30 U.S. It is very light actually, maybe just 17 lbs. I think it will run with a bit of fresh gas and a carb rebuild.
Why I bought another saw, I havent a clue.
John

Looks like someone mounted a Power Products engine on an old Homelite "Buz".

attachment.php

Is this it John?

Eatons of Canada

Maybe we should all get it together!I did not know this thread existed so I started a new one today.Please check out the pictures if your interested.Yukonsawman I sent you a PM
Lawrence

Latest posts

Back