Chainsaw Photos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
parrisw

parrisw

Tree Freak
Thanks guys, I really do love this thing. You would probably cringe to what I paid though. I'm unsure what to do with it yet though, I was thinking just give it a good cleanup and leave it orignal, and get it running. Doughtfull I will use it to cut wood though.

Any Ideas on what to use to clean it up. I use allot of Super Clean but that stuff can fade paint really bad, and I don't want to do that with this saw.

Last edited:
pioneerguy600

pioneerguy600

Lost in Space
Staff member
. AS Supporting Member.
Thanks guys, I really do love this thing. You would probably cringe to what I paid though. I'm unsure what to do with it yet though, I was thinking just give it a good cleanup and leave it orignal, and get it running. Doughtfull I will use it to cut wood though.

Any Ideas on what to use to clean it up. I use allot of Super Clean but that stuff can fade paint really bad, and I don't want to do that with this saw.

Take your time on that one and don`t rush to clean it up,its in too nice of condition to ruin it with strong cleaners. I would recommend using varsol as it does not fade paint and is not real harsh on any parts of a chainsaw. Let the varsol do the work and soften up the gunk slowly and it will clean up nicely. IMO
Pioneerguy600

Bruce Hopf

Bruce Hopf

ArboristSite Guru
Thanks guys, I really do love this thing. You would probably cringe to what I paid though. I'm unsure what to do with it yet though, I was thinking just give it a good cleanup and leave it original, and get it running. Doughtfull I will use it to cut wood though.

Normally I just use the blow gun and the air compressor to clean the dust and other stuff from normal cutting, until I got a saw in here that was that badly caked. It was even hard to scrape with a chisel.
I went to my big mechanic's tool box, and got my engine cleaning kit, i use to clean engines of tractors. It's a blow gun that operates with air, and has a 2ft suction tube, that you insert into a jug of Var sol. I had that Chain Saw clean in no time. The air forced the Var sol into the gunk, loosened and soften up the gunk, and washed it away, leaving the saw nice and clean.
You have to watch that you don't blow the dust, and gunk where you don't want it, like in your carburetor, or exhaust manifold.
When I clean my Chain Saws from now on, I'm going to wash them this way. Does a really good job as well. Like Jerry said, it's not harm full to the paint. Bruce.

Bruce Hopf

Bruce Hopf

ArboristSite Guru
Awesome Dolmar but is it completely necessary to post the same pic 19 G@d d@#n times?!?!
Every time somebody hits the Quote Button, it automatically takes the previous persons whole quote with it pictures and all, like your Quote above mine, which I can't understand why the pictures don't stay behind, and only take the contents of what the person is describing in their thread.
It's not the original persons fault that posted the tread, with pictures, so don't get too worked up about it. There has to be some way, for the pictures stay behind, and just take the writing along when the next person is leaving a quote about what ever is being posted. Bruce.

pioneerguy600

pioneerguy600

Lost in Space
Staff member
. AS Supporting Member.
Bruce,I have the same air gun kit you use but you have to be real careful with them on vintage saws, the varsol will penetrate any scratches or chips in the paint and the compressed air will catch the edge of the paint damage and cause it to flip back making any damaged areas no matter how insignificant larger. You don`t want to do this on a vintage saw that you want to keep in near original condition,keep the high pressure air off this saw and clean it only with soft bristle brushes and varsol. On a work saw a little paint chipping does not matter much but on a saw like this one you don`t want to do any damage so take it easy on the cleaning,go slowly and let the solvent do its work.
I have cleaned up a lot of vintage saws and tried many different methods and time and patience works better than a quick cleanup.IMO
PIONEERGUY600

Last edited:
Brian S

Brian S

ArboristSite Guru
Here is a consolidated pic of my motley crew.

I gave my Mac 10-10A and my Homelite super2 to my dad, these are all I am keeping for now. I want to find a big old saw to fix up now, 80+ cc's.

2729814815_7dfe71947e_b.jpg

Bruce Hopf

Bruce Hopf

ArboristSite Guru
Here is a consolidated pic of my motley crew.

I gave my Mac 10-10A and my Homelite super2 to my dad, these are all I am keeping for now. I want to find a big old saw to fix up now, 80+ cc's.

2729814815_7dfe71947e_b.jpg
There was a real nice McCulloch Super Pro 80 on e Bay, just last week. It was in real good shape. Just like your Pro Mac 10-10. My Uncle had one, and that saw had power. It had 81.9cc. Man I wish I could have bought it, but right now, I've got enough Saws, but Some Day, when I have a few more $$$$, I'll try to get one. Bruce.

Brian S

Brian S

ArboristSite Guru
Thats what I thought, a Dolmar very nice lines!

p101004202gw6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

p101004102ad2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Mr. Walker you saw and your tractor are entirely too clean and new. The power of Christ compells you to go get that kit good and dirty!

Nice tractor, I have an older L2250 that has been a really good machine.

Mr.Suckelfass

Mr.Suckelfass

ArboristSite Member
@ J.Walker: In the first Dolmar and Solo are cooperating in designing the ney saws. So there are similar in design.

(Excuse my english)

Here some pics from the 681 and the 7900:

P1020868.jpg

P1020867.jpg

P1020866.jpg

P1020865.jpg

And in the catalog say Solo the 681 have 80,7 ccm. The Dolmar 7900 79 ccm.

Latest posts