Chainsaw Photos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone wonder what you would use that sawwwwww for?
Its not like you can cut in any thing longer than the bar or blade in this case!

It will cut the same materials a chainsaw of the same bar length would,in these cases the bars are 20". Mostly used to cut wood,ice and meat,there is no oil used to lubricate the bar so no oil contamination of the product cut.
Pioneerguy600

How about blades?

I have a GS5020 as well, I can get it to start and run but the blade seems to have lost it set and will not cut deeper than the backer.

Any idea where I can get a good new blade for this saw or someone who can sharped and set the blade?

Thanks,

Mark

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I have a GS5020 as well, I can get it to start and run but the blade seems to have lost it set and will not cut deeper than the backer.

Any idea where I can get a good new blade for this saw or someone who can sharped and set the blade?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark your blade looks in good enough shape to cut quite well and appears to have set. What is it doing to need replacement? I asked about blades a couple weeks back and was told that they would be really hard to find,but that same night a fellow Canadian contacted me and sold me three new 20" blades for hardwood cutting and I have since mounted and ran two of them. They cut great! I was also told the Wright blade saws were very common state side and that there should be a lot of blades lurking somewhere just waiting to be found. Check your bar slot to see if it has excessive wear as it will allow the blade to tip or rock sideways and hang up in the cut, I can`t see your blade needing more set but I am not there, the angles to sharpen the blades are a little steep but can be done with a web file that was used to sharpen bow saws and crosscuts ,like in peg and raker types.
Pioneerguy600

Heimannm, could you please post some close up pics of your Jonsered 930? I just recently bought a 930 for myself after fixing a buddy's 2 930s. This model of saw is fascinating to me for some reason. Thanks in advance.

Scott

Few picts of the 930

I don't have too many photo's of my 930, guess it's more of a work saw than a looker.

See JR's thread from last Saturday for the inside of his 920.

Mark

attachment.php

My 910 in front and the 930 to the rear

attachment.php

The 930, not sure what this picture shows except how the handle mounts

attachment.php

It does run and cut very well!

attachment.php

My whole Jonsered family, 930, 910, 621, 621, 2050

Thanks for posting those pics. Those pics you posted were the ones I was hoping you'd post anyway. The Jonny 930s that I've been working on for my friend and my 930 pretty much look just like yours except they have a velocity stack and a K&N air filter sticking out of the cover. How long have you had your 930 and what size bar do you usually run on it? I'm trying to get a 36" bar for mine but its been very difficult trying to find one that will fit.

Scott

Not long

I bought both saws on e-Bay late last year so I've not run either all that much. My 930 has a 24" bar, the 910 a 20".

I suppose the 930 would pull a longer bar but with my other big saws, I don't need to work that one so hard. I did run the 910 with the 24" bar in another big ash long in the fall, the trunk was nearly 42" diameter so I could really bury it and it just kept going and going. Since then I have added the 1-85, SP125C'S, 740, and the 550 so I really need some more big stuff to cut.

Mark

I bought both saws on e-Bay late last year so I've not run either all that much. My 930 has a 24" bar, the 910 a 20".

I suppose the 930 would pull a longer bar but with my other big saws, I don't need to work that one so hard. I did run the 910 with the 24" bar in another big ash long in the fall, the trunk was nearly 42" diameter so I could really bury it and it just kept going and going. Since then I have added the 1-85, SP125C'S, 740, and the 550 so I really need some more big stuff to cut.

Mark

Thanks for the info.

Scott

Nice looking Saw. What is the perpose of the lines gooing to the Starter? I've never seen anything like it before. Thanks. Bruce.

As Ultra already mentioned, those lines are connected to the oil pump which is located in the starter assembly. It's typical for the old Dolmars, model CA, CC, CT, CX ....

Latest posts

Back