Chainsaw Photos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_1351.jpg
Pioneerguy600

This the saw? Crescent 06

Yes Crescent made these for Huskvarna and were sold as the model 70, 70E AND 70 F. Made between 1963 and 64 they have a 70 cc engine, Crescent was an outboard motor manufacturer that made these saws for a short run but they never caught on and were discontinued making them rare and seldom seen in North America. Pioneerguy600

NoelT.
Thanks a Million for posting this link. My Computer Crashed big time a month ago, and I lost every thing on it. I had to reboot it(almost with Big Bertha, My 20Lbs Sledge), and I had to reenter all my Favorite Web Sites, and I couldn't remember the Chain Saw Collectors Corner, and I was trying to look for it, with no Luck, until you posted this Link, for Jerry's Chain Saw. Thanks. Bruce.:clap: :clap: :clap:

IMG_1351.jpg

IMG_1354.jpg

Here is one you won`t see often. Pioneerguy600

Jerry.
Thanks a Million for posting this Picture of this Saw. With the help of NoelT posting a link showing your saw in the Chain Saw Collector's Corner, the Web Site I've been looking for ever since my Computer Crashed a Month ago. Now I have this Web Site back in My Favorites again. Thanks. Bruce.

I check in to Mike Acres site a couple times a day and could hardly do without it. The amount of info on old saws on that site is unsurpassed and so easy to access. I must check with Lawrence to see if he called Mike or stopped in at the museum. I sent him the contact number a while back.
Pioneerguy600

Yes Crescent made these for Huskvarna and were sold as the model 70, 70E AND 70 F. Made between 1963 and 64 they have a 70 cc engine, Crescent was an outboard motor manufacturer that made these saws for a short run but they never caught on and were discontinued making them rare and seldom seen in North America. Pioneerguy600

A 70E sold last week on eBay UK for £35 ($70 US), I wish I'd bought it now!

IMG_1854.jpg

IMG_1855.jpg

IMG_1853.jpg

This big old Homelite would be a back breaker today but back in 1962 it would fit right in with the rest of the magnesium monsters, 92.5 cc engine, this one works like new and I cut wood with it often. Pioneerguy600

IMG_1854.jpg

IMG_1855.jpg

IMG_1853.jpg

This big old Homelite would be a back breaker today but back in 1962 it would fit right in with the rest of the magnesium monsters, 92.5 cc engine, this one works like new and I cut wood with it often. Pioneerguy600

Hey Jerry.
Looks like that saw was built when Steel was Cheap. I still run my Dad's Snowmobile that he bought new in 1969. It's a 1970 Ski Doo Nordic, and I always said, before you go Snowmobiling with this machine, you want to make sure you eat your Wheaties, because if you get that thing stuck, you'd need them. Because that Machine was built when Steel was Cheap. Bruce.

Hey Jerry.
Looks like that saw was built when Steel was Cheap. I still run my Dad's Snowmobile that he bought new in 1969. It's a 1970 Ski Doo Nordic, and I always said, before you go Snowmobiling with this machine, you want to make sure you eat your Wheaties, because if you get that thing stuck, you'd need them. Because that Machine was built when Steel was Cheap. Bruce.

They sure used a lot of metal in those old saws, this one has cut a lot of firewood in its lifetime but still has excellent compression and runs and cuts better than a lot of the newer saws that I work on.
Pioneerguy600

They sure used a lot of metal in those old saws, this one has cut a lot of firewood in its lifetime but still has excellent compression and runs and cuts better than a lot of the newer saws that I work on.
Pioneerguy600

Jerry.
I agree with you there, especially (I'll not say this too loud) STIHL or HUSQUVARNA. Too much plastic for my taste.
I operated a Stihl won time, at my Ex Fatherinlaw, and I thought the thing was going to break. It felt like I was bending the was in half, while I was bucking a log, while lifting up on the rear handle, to roll the nose of the bar down on the log.
He was insulted when I went to my truck, and got my Pro Mac 60, and told him here was a real saw, and put his out of the way. The Stihl I thought was too flimsy.
Speaking of Stihl, How is your friend getting along with the Stihl that you received as payment for fixing up that guy's Echo? Your friend that had a stroke, if I remember correctly. I never did hear. Bruce.

Bruce; He has been out a few times cutting up some windfalls but the heat and humidity have been limiting him to working mostly early morning. He has about two cord blocked up in the woods and will bring it out this fall with his brothers ATV to the roadside, from there some of us will get it home for him. He really likes the new saw as it is a lot lighter and reliable and he can cut with it without tiring him out quickly. The old Poulan 3400 he had has seen better days, just basically worn out,low comp,needs carb kit ,air filter bar and chain and clutch plus clutch cover broke around studs etc.
Nothing but a wide smile on his face when I stopped in and handed the saw over,he was flabbergasted,made my trip more than worth it ,a couple of shots of Jack and a few old reminisces from days gone by mixed with the new goings on and the day was complete. Between us we made up a great seafood chowder along with fresh baked bread and had more than a bellyfull.

Bruce; He has been out a few times cutting up some windfalls but the heat and humidity have been limiting him to working mostly early morning. He has about two cord blocked up in the woods and will bring it out this fall with his brothers ATV to the roadside, from there some of us will get it home for him. He really likes the new saw as it is a lot lighter and reliable and he can cut with it without tiring him out quickly. The old Poulan 3400 he had has seen better days, just basically worn out,low comp,needs carb kit ,air filter bar and chain and clutch plus clutch cover broke around studs etc.
Nothing but a wide smile on his face when I stopped in and handed the saw over,he was flabbergasted,made my trip more than worth it ,a couple of shots of Jack and a few old reminisces from days gone by mixed with the new goings on and the day was complete. Between us we made up a great seafood chowder along with fresh baked bread and had more than a belly full.
Jerry.
I'm real glad to here the GOOD NEWS. It means a lot for someone like him to get some self worth, and self a steam, back. For You helping helping him out this way Jerry, Stand Up, and Take A Bow and Pat Yourself On The Back. You Deserve it Jerry. Job Well Done.
Bruce.

Last edited:
Bruce I don`t do things for recognition or praise but I believe in the old addage that what goes around comes around and have based my lifestyle around it. My background growing up in the country around the farms where every one helped the other out whenever they could has stuck with me I guess.
Pioneerguy600

Bruce I don`t do things for recognition or praise but I believe in the old adage that what goes around comes around and have based my lifestyle around it. My background growing up in the country around the farms where every one helped the other out whenever they could has stuck with me I guess.
Pioneerguy600
I'm on the same Base as you are there Jerry. I was raised with the same Principales as yourself. But Today's Generation, well that a Whole Different Story. Nowadays, it's damn hard to get them to do anything, But when they want something, That's a Whole Different Ball Game. Bruce

Latest posts

Back