Chainsaw Photos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heres a few more.
dscn2151.jpg

dscn2156.jpg

dscn2157.jpg

All that to make this.
dscn2161.jpg

Here's my small Echo CS-3000

It's the only one I have for now and I can't wait to have a bigger one...

IMG_0210.jpg
Welcome to AS. You will enjoy this website. There are lots of very informative fellas on here, and there is the ODD character on here that will try and get your goat, but only in fun. Now for your saw being the only one. Remember this. You have to start some where. Bruce.

IMG_1863.jpg

IMG_1865.jpg

IMG_1864.jpg

This saw was made by Strunk but sold by David Bradley, it is based on the Strunk 3-19. It is a real heavy all metal old beast of a saw, the gas tank alone weighs 5 lbs empty and its a gear reduction drive as well.The gas tank holds two quarts of gas, thats half a gallon! Full of fluids and with a 30" bar and 1/2 " pitch chain this saw weighs around 33 lbs, a back breaker for sure. Its a 77 cc engine made by power products (AH 47) made in 1953.
Pioneerguy600

Here's a "Skil 1644" 1968, 69cc made by "PM" in Canada, still runs fine.
DSCF0722Large.jpg

DSCF0725Large.jpg

A lot of people say the Skil series of saws aren`t worth a dam but my experience with them has proven there durability to me. I have been around them since the late 60`s and they are still coming in to be tuned up and put back out to work.
I had one given to me by a local saw shop as a Hoot . They thought that I could never fix it and get it to run, i posted a thread on it here and that saw was so encrusted with oil and sawdust I could not tell what make it was.Had it going in 22 minutes. After a lot more cleanup and a few things fixed it has cut some really big hardwood for me. I even put a new bar and chain on it and worked it for hours as a stumping saw.

IMG_2067.jpg

IMG_2069.jpg

Its not a pretty saw and the condition should indicate that it never seen any tlc but it runs real strong and never complains no matter how hard its pushed.
Pioneerguy600

Latest posts

Back