Chainsaws you had to use and didn't like.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sabertooth

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I've used a Husky 51,55, Poulan Wild Thing :msp_sleep:,a few poulan 33ccs and Stihl 250. I've use more 55 ranchers than anything, and I hate em. They feel cheap, and half are beat to crap. They're decent for Joe, but hard work isn't em. They may work fair, but close to junk after good long work.

Poulan is not a shock. I would rather buy some old @ss non-running Dolmar or STIHL that parts are hard to find, than those.

In before the lock. These threads often get ugly...:popcorn:

Poulans haven't always been the plastic box-store brand for the great Husqvarna mother ship. They made fantastic pro level saws before they were bought by Electrolux. Homelite and McCulloch had similar fates....

attachment.php

One of the first saws I ever owned. POS! I did a muffler mod on one for a guy last year and that woke that little saw up pretty good but I hate the way they feel.

shindaiwa 577 and 488 aww oh just shindiawa prolly unfair but my run with em was a bad one

2011 Husky trio brake 240e what a POS

Stihl farm boss the early versions 041 odd weight weird choke butt ugly

Any thing that says Poulan

The trash man gave me a looking like new Mini Mac 10.

Real piece of crap. Terrible balance and feel

As soon as it gets warm is acts like it is running out of gas.

It still looks like new

The big Poulan Countervibes are rubbish. Bunch of guys here promoting them just so's they can sell theirs at higher prices and buy good Stihl saws.

The big Poulan Countervibes are rubbish. Bunch of guys here promoting them just so's they can sell theirs at higher prices and buy good Stihl saws.

Rubbish are they Al ?, I was going to send you a couple more mag case poulan's but if you don't want them? :)

Mac 15. What a poor excuse for a noisemaker. A handicapped beaver could put wood on the ground faster.

First saw I ever ran. Its a wonder I ever picked up another one. :)

An old plastic case Montgomery Ward (I think was made by Remington). I watched part of the case melt right before my eyes! That being said, the guy that owned it used that saw for many years even after that! It always started for him (though it was always a dog to start), seemed to run like a banshee, and I've watched it cut up many of tree, though I refused to ever touch it again!

Hands down it has to be an old 031 that was a ground saw for a tree service I worked for. That thing was beaten half to death before I ever had the misfortune of trying to use it. It was a sputtering, smoking nightmare that barely had the balls to even spin 18 inches of chain. As a bonus, it was ugly, overweight, and smelled funny......which reminds me of a couple......oh never mind...

Back