Chainsaws you had to use and didn't like.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Echo 360t top handle. Read the reviews of people loving them. Bought a brand new one about a year ago. 1st time I used it, it quit after 10 minutes. Took to dealer, adjusted carb, took it back home. Next time, it quit after 10 minutes again. Took it back, dealer fiddled with carb again. Next time I used it, it quit after 10 minutes again. Dealer worked on it again. Next time I used it, quit after 10 minutes. Took it back to dealer, they replaced ignition coil. Told me Echo states they are having a problem with them when they get hot. Took saw home, it quit again after 10 minutes. Took saw back in, the dealer replaced the carb and told me if I had one more problem he would replace the saw. 2 weeks later, the dealer closed his doors. I used the saw again, ran like a race horse for 45-60 minutes. Problem solved right? Wrong. Next time I used it, it quit after 10 minutes. Now I am stuck with a possessed saw that won't run. Nearest dealer is 36 miles away.

Echo 360t top handle. Read the reviews of people loving them. Bought a brand new one about a year ago. 1st time I used it, it quit after 10 minutes. Took to dealer, adjusted carb, took it back home. Next time, it quit after 10 minutes again. Took it back, dealer fiddled with carb again. Next time I used it, it quit after 10 minutes again. Dealer worked on it again. Next time I used it, quit after 10 minutes. Took it back to dealer, they replaced ignition coil. Told me Echo states they are having a problem with them when they get hot. Took saw home, it quit again after 10 minutes. Took saw back in, the dealer replaced the carb and told me if I had one more problem he would replace the saw. 2 weeks later, the dealer closed his doors. I used the saw again, ran like a race horse for 45-60 minutes. Problem solved right? Wrong. Next time I used it, it quit after 10 minutes. Now I am stuck with a possessed saw that won't run. Nearest dealer is 36 miles away.

But other than that, was it ok? :)

Stihl 031 just plain lacking power, ugly and like I said lacking power.

Skill 1616 or what ever # they want to put on it...yep that one. Flat out junk.

Homelite Ranger and such, same as the one above for description.

Homelite 150.

Sawtroll won't be posting here....he's never used the saws he hates:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Well, if I don't like a saw I go fix it and then cut wood. They all have their place and most can be made to run properly with some attention. I have said it before, but the only ones I truly do not like are the Homelite Ranger style ones with the melt-o-matic chain brakes. They drag and get hot and melt and drag more and melt more, and it just turn to poo. If the brake is removed, even those saws can cut acceptably well. I am not a fan of the chicom "stihl" colored ones that are not even copies, but then I don't consider them saws. Guy came in the other day with a KD-YD-6200 looking for parts. Thought it was a "factory second" Stihl. We corrected him and sent him packing. I'm not even going to entertain fooling with that scrap. Kinda like the pop-up head game at the fair. IF I can get it to go out the door, it will be right back with a different problem and they will want it repaired this time for free.

I like some more than others, but I never met a saw I didn't like. At least a little.

i have run them all, the ones i hate the most is my 372 and 346xp's,, biggest pos on the market

Back