Chaps

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After a recent saw accident, I have invested in a pair of chaps. Arrived in the mail today. Fit is good but they seem a bit "floppy" for my liking. Perhaps I need to eat seconds at dinner and fill them out..? :) My question is, are they to be loose by design, or can I take them into town and have them fitted. Thanks.

Where are they loose at? What kind are they? My Stihl chaps looked like a sail in the wind when they were new. After about 3 gallons of bar oil they start fitting alot better.

All the chaps I've worn have adjustable straps that can make things snug. I do wear full-wrap chaps, however, so maybe I don't get as many loose areas as might be found with non-wrapping chaps.

Shouldn't be flappy. Ya don't want them loose enough to turn on your leg when the chain hits.;)

Have them fitted with velcro straps that you can adjust to snug while wearing jeans, and with enough adjustment to fit over your winter thermals.

Gotta ask who's Chaps you bought. The Stihl, Husky and Labonvilles all seem to adjust down enough to fit a Somali Pirate LOL!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

After a recent saw accident, I have invested in a pair of chaps. Arrived in the mail today. Fit is good but they seem a bit "floppy" for my liking. Perhaps I need to eat seconds at dinner and fill them out..? :) My question is, are they to be loose by design, or can I take them into town and have them fitted. Thanks.

where's avalancher and woodbooga when you need them?

Latest posts

Back