Cheap parts online in Canada?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darito

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys, I need to order parts for a trimmer and I was wondering if anyone in Canada knows of a cheap parts warehouse located in Canada (must avoid customs charges and long distance shipping)??

It's kind of a pain when you have to go get parts and the dealer charges you like double the price of what you can find online :mad2:

I use Baileys. They ship USPS and there hasnt been any brokerage fees or duty on any of my orders. It is when places ship UPS, that you get ridiculous brokerage fees. The shipping from Baileys is usually $20-25. The shipping cost seems to stay in that range whether its a small package or a big box with 10 30" bars. Also Edge and Engine has very reasonable shipping via USPS. I ordered a Fast Tach from them and the shipping was only $8(that is less than it would cost for me to ship anything to my neighbor via Canada Post).

Hey guys, I need to order parts for a trimmer and I was wondering if anyone in Canada knows of a cheap parts warehouse located in Canada (must avoid customs charges and long distance shipping)??

It's kind of a pain when you have to go get parts and the dealer charges you like double the price of what you can find online :mad2:

One would need to know what brand of trimmer.

US Mailbox?

ebay.ca from a US seller shipping USPS, Lucky for me the border is not too far so I pick it up stateside and can take advantage of Baileys free shipping and other promotions.

So you say that if you ship USPS don't get charged customs? I don't really get how customs works. Sometimes you don't get charged anything at all and other times you get charged HST and some other fees. It's very random. This happened to me with different stuff I've ordered through ebay and other sites... Does anyone know the logic for customs duties in Canada?

So you say that if you ship USPS don't get charged customs? I don't really get how customs works. Sometimes you don't get charged anything at all and other times you get charged HST and some other fees. It's very random. This happened to me with different stuff I've ordered through ebay and other sites... Does anyone know the logic for customs duties in Canada?

It depends on what it is, where it was manufactured, how much its costs, how the form was filled out, and which shipper does the customs clearance.

It's complicated, but it's not random.

Yes, it is random, luck (or unluck) of the draw.

Howdy,
Most all of our shipments to Canada have GST & PST prepaid and added to the invoice. Then once a week we send a couple pallets stacked full of individual packages to our broker. They handle all of the paper work, and send the individual packages by Canada Post to the customers.
Regards
Gregg

I forgot to mention the shipping charges. I'ts strange in that the first pound is like $20.00 but, you can add like 10 pounds for another $5.00. Go figure.

Last edited:
You're not going to get anything shipped cheap living in Canada. Either from inside the country or out.

Some places are better than others however.

Howdy,
Most all of our shipments to Canada have GST & PST prepaid and added to the invoice. Then once a week we send a couple pallets stacked full of individual packages to our broker. They handle all of the paper work, and send the individual packages by Canada Post to the customers.
Regards
Gregg

I forgot to mention the shipping charges. I'ts strange in that the first pound is like $20.00 but, you can add like 10 pounds for another $5.00. Go figure.

Thanks for letting us know how you send it up here .
Have you found this to be cheaper than USPS direct ?

ebay.ca from a US seller shipping USPS, Lucky for me the border is not too far so I pick it up stateside and can take advantage of Baileys free shipping and other promotions.

I almost clicked on the ''like'' button so I could click on the ''unlike'' button but I found the ''You Suck'' button instead .

Which places are better than others?

I know that you don't mean to but you're kind of putting guys on the spot here.

If any member mentions a place that sells saw parts that's a competitor to our advertisers it's a violation of forum rules. The person who puts in a plug for a non-sponsor can be banned. You don't want that, they don't want that.

There are some good sponsors here already who can probably get you what you need. If not, there are other means available to you.

Any other kind of advice, help, diagnostics or step by step instructions from member to member is okay here. There are some extremely knowledgeable and helpful people on AS and they're great about sharing what they know.

I know that you don't mean to but you're kind of putting guys on the spot here.

If any member mentions a place that sells saw parts that's a competitor to our advertisers it's a violation of forum rules. The person who puts in a plug for a non-sponsor can be banned. You don't want that, they don't want that.

There are some good sponsors here already who can probably get you what you need. If not, there are other means available to you.

Any other kind of advice, help, diagnostics or step by step instructions from member to member is okay here. There are some extremely knowledgeable and helpful people on AS and they're great about sharing what they know.

Reminders of the rules are always good .

Reminders of the rules are always good .

Yet bs at times many of it.

A sponsor here that gets alot of there stock, from a company with 2 Canadian locations that deal with businesses and the general public, but we can't say the name.

Husqvarna/Stihl etc, dealers aren't site sponsors, so guess we can't mention go to your local dealer!

Yet bs at times many of it.

A sponsor here that gets alot of there stock, from a company with 2 Canadian locations that deal with businesses and the general public, but we can't say the name.

Husqvarna/Stihl etc, dealers aren't site sponsors, so guess we can't mention go to your local dealer!

I'm not saying I have never broken the site rules and a trip to your local dealer is cheaper more often than a fellow thinks when all costs are factored in .

If any member mentions a place that sells saw parts that's a competitor to our advertisers it's a violation of forum rules. The person who puts in a plug for a non-sponsor can be banned.

Sorry, you're right, and it makes sense. I never thought about that.

a trip to your local dealer is cheaper more often than a fellow thinks when all costs are factored in .

In most cases and with some dealers that's true. Specially if you have to place a small order like I needed in this case. I needed a clutch assembly and when I factored in shipping costs if I had to order it online I would have saved only $3. So I ended up going with the dealer- although it sucks cause I'll have to drive all the way there.

Latest posts

Back