Check out what I found sitting around

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the splitter is coming along nicely.

sorry to hijack the thread, but why does everyone wanna run ATF? Hydraulic oil at Tractor supply is about $2 cheaper than ATF.

Warms up faster in the cold, and if you have a tank with enough surface area/volume to shed heat, is fine for summer use.

Universal Hydro is cheaper, but is like peanut butter in the cold, and takes much longer to warm up.

Best bet is to mix the two untill a balance is struck for usual operating temps.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Looks cool. I like how you used CAT yellow for the paint. I also think it is pretty funny how they used the backhoe arm bracket for the rear cylinder mount. Adds..."character"...

But I agree with the earlier poster, your rolling jack will interfere. Since all that beam beyond the wedge is basically non structural, maybe you could mount the jack right against the web of the I beam and drill clearance holes in the top and bottom flanges? Then it should clear, it would seem. Just a thought....

Have some rep!

The guy i bought it off of used the the arm to move it around.I am kind of jamed to where to put my jack hope it clears if not I have a 6x6 steel tube I might try to mount a stand further back when in use??

Knot Buster I have heard pro's and con's on both When I get ready to fill mine up I'll prob go with a good Atf but not sure yet. I am going to do some more digging info first....:dizzy:

WVlogger I got it painted and put motor gas tank and all that other stuff put back on.Just orderd fender's for it. Now ready to order hydro lines almost ready to go..:clap:

looks really good i wanna see it work

I got some rounds Im willing to let you split when you get ready to test it...

I hadn't considered the low temperature viscosity of the ATF vs Hydraulic oil, It rarely gets cold enough here to make the 10 wt oil I snag from work run sluggishly...

I sent Haldex Corp. an email about what fluid they recommend to run with my new pump. Looks like I will be filling up with ATF..I also received a package today My fender's:)

Knot Buster I am not sure of the diff yet gonna look into it. They said Dextron 2 or iso 32 for standard Applications:confused: What do you use in your's???

ive got a haldex 11 gpm on 1 splitter and a 16 gpm on another 1 and have been running tractor hydraulic transmission fluid in both of them. works great for summer and very cold temps in the winter.

Just about done. I am waiting on lines and fluid getting close now. Here are a few more pic's with everything back on it.

Great job! Boy, it's come along way. One concern, do you think the "beam" will take all that, with out being "laminated"? I've seen them twisted-up before. You got alot of power there.

Im not shure I have to see what kind of push is going on. I have a 5000 PSI gadge to put on yet also.The beam is 8x8 with boexed end's should be pretty sturdy. I can't wait to fire it up:cheers:

Back