Check out what I found sitting around

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You do good work Bucko64. Your jack is positioned similar to mine. I usually fold the jack and put a round underneath if I'm splitting gnarly wood. Absolutely no worries then :cheers:

Thank's mudguts that's probably what i'll do if it jams into my jack. Or make a stand further back toward's the center.

all done

Wanted to show you guy's the finished splitter going home.Turned out pretty good.pushing about 1600-1700PSI going right on through knots and all.in first stage of the pump very pleased...I can turn up the pressure more if i decide that i need to My buddy has a 35 ton splitter and he said he has something to kick My splitter down to second stage.Osage orange we will see going over his place Sunday with my splitter in tow.That also turned out pretty good 60 Mph down Highway and couldn't't even tell it was behind me:cheers:

Thanks All bucko64

Thank's All.. FishHead Riht off the top of my head I think 815.00.That's not counting new tools:hmm3grin2orange:

Sweet!!! Always looking for an excuse to buy new tools.

Very Nicely done, Buck!
I wonder if you'll need to rotate those tires?
It seems as though the one side of the axle might have considerably more weight on it. Have you measured the weight at each hub?
Absolutely beautiful work. Nice use of the diamond plate too.
-br

Nice work Buck! That unit will tow better than anything you can buy.I like how you set it up with real tires/wheels,and a wide stance,so you can tow it at highway speeds,unlike most of the splitters you buy,they have 8" tires,and a narrow stance,IMO,they are dangerous to tow anyplace other than a backroad.Once again,great work,the beam look very beefy,should give you years of service...

Last edited:
Thank's again to all for the nice complement's.Can not wait to go to my buddies place to test it out on the Osage.Went through every knot and crotch I had laying around my place.I first stated out the splitter was pushing 1100 PSI I now have it set at around 1600 PSI. You guy's think that is set to low?? I am not having any trouble getting through anything yet.
That is a good question boltonranger had I will have to keep watch for that.I also have a spare tire new like the other one's carry it with me when I tow it.
John D I wanted to get a big tire for that reason.It towed like a dream down the highway.started out 45 MPH then keep picking up speed watching in my mirror took it up to 60MPH figured that was fast enough:

bucko64

Well guy's I went over to my buddies house and it did very well. He said the same thing as me when I first started splitting Holly Sheet....It went through his knotty Osage like butter still with the motor at an idle Here is some pic's.

Back