Check out what I found sitting around

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
palmrose i was never good with pie only the kind you eat. I think it's a 5 inch also triptester Iam going to take the spare and have it rebuilt so then ill know for sure. later ill take a few pic's of the old one I threw together. Also if anyone knows how to put a pressure gadge in the sytem and heat gadge thanks for any help bucko64

That Jack Will Interfer With Wood Coming Off The Wedge... Unless Your Using The Jack For Just Storage, Your Going To Have To Move......

new-rich I am hopeing the wide spread wedge will push them off to the right of it we will have to see. I hope so :clap:

hey all sorry for the stall on my progress electrical problem with the engine.I got it figured out amd my couplers finnaly came in. I will be ongoing come monday. Untill then check out these pic's of my little guy i put toghther last year.

ATF vs Hydro fluid

A friend of mine got a great deal on a slightly used splitter . The original owners complaint , lacks power . My friend took out the ATF & replaced it with hydro fluid . That was all the repair need . Different manufactures don't all use the same fluids . If one dosn't work swap it out .

Buck,

Plain old Universal Hydro is about the best compromise there is between warm up time in the cold and avoiding cavitation in the summer.

The detergents in ATF might be good for that old cylinder though, and I would toss a couple of qt's in with the universal just for good measure were it mine.

That thing looks like it would do just fine LOL!!

I like overbuilt....gives me the warm and fuzzies.:D

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

pruning artist I will keep that in mind I wll probally go with universial like dingeryote said and drop a quart of ATF in it. I am getting ready to line up the pump'coupler and motor this week here comes trouble they should sell brackets for vertical engines...:dizzy:

Hey all I made out pretty good with the mount for the pump. The real test when I fire it up. Ready to give it a paint job now Ill send pic's soon ..:clap:

Hey guy's finaly got some paint on my splitter. now I have to put everything back on and order a few more things but almost there cant wait to try it out..I will get pic's up today

Thank's guys what a mess good thing I had a tarp down. I used a wagner spryer.Flames are a good Idea actually looking for cartoon decals of TNT the on with the round bomb with the fuse...now the fun put everythig back on...:hmm3grin2orange:

14o23ww.jpg
nice heres one i got for$ 50.00 tom trees

Had the same exact splitter here for several years, and now it's being re-powered. This one is actually a John Deere, though it's prolly just a Deere paint and tag on some other make. The hoses have "old style" connections, unlike "modern" hydraulic hoses. Single stage pump on this one, slow as death on a cold morning but very powerful.
I also have a "Mighty Merc", and it's a great little splitter.

I was told ATF was a BAD idea for my Fisher Plow, because it has paraffin and friction additives...it would wear and gum the electric hydraulic unit...but on a big pump like a splitter, I guess it wouldn't hurt.

All of our Dump trucks at work are also plow trucks in the winter and they all have ATF in them year round without any issues. When its down around the zero mark for temp the atf moves slow enuf I can't imagine how slow hydro oil in the winter would be

the splitter is coming along nicely.

sorry to hijack the thread, but why does everyone wanna run ATF? Hydraulic oil at Tractor supply is about $2 cheaper than ATF.

Thank's Fronty Owner from what I heard Talking about ATF being thinner which is easier to push in extrem cold and supp. to have someting in it that is better for the seals ETC..

Back