Chevytown's 365 "Super Sport" Special Build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool frijoles Matt.

It's looking like I might do finger ports on this one after all. But I'm not sure yet as I ran into a thinker.

Not as bad as I thought.

DSCF1332.jpg

DSCF1336.jpg

DSCF1331.jpg

DSCF1337.jpg

DSCF1333.jpg

DSCF1334.jpg

Here's the deal on the fingers. I'm not sure what to do about this area yet. This will have to be machined if I even have a chance at fingers.

DSCF1335.jpg

Then I think I have a shot at small finger ports. And like the Kita, 6 transfer ports total.

DSCF1338.jpg

Black coil unlimited

Blue coil rev-limited

Will be watching to see your 6401 and 365 comparison :cheers:

Rick, with the 371/2 cyl, flywheel side, the outside of the transfers have been "pushed" in. If you look inside, you'll see that it protrudes to the inside of the transfer. I grind to match the opposite side.
Not sure if the 365 is the same here.

i wouldnt mess with the finger ports. youl just build it cut a few cookies sale it then its going to grenade on someone as there trying get wood cut to heat theyre house thinkn they just bought a bad as mo fo finger ported saw

Al, I'm going to have to check it out. I think I'm going to machine that part I spoke about, but I have to ask the big guns up yonder. My guess is yes.

Why is it going to blow up? All finger ports do is add extra ports for more flow:monkey:

who knows. i for sure dont.

just seems like theyre would be alot more finger ported saws in the woods if it was common reliable mod to do

You're barking up the wrong tree

That's a double :monkey::monkey:

Been reliable here on the West Coast for some time now. And if Tom uses them, I'm using them:)

I'm not sure where you're getting at, like Paris, but I could care less. Someone's going to have a good firewood saw:)

thats cool. i never even heard of finger ports till you did it. not even with 2 stroke motocross bikes but like i said i dont know im just a punk kid that doesnt know anything.

i guess its more common then i knew about

Alright, cleaned up the best I could and ready for a tear down.

DSCF1330.jpg

Here you go Easy E, for your viewing pleasure:)

DSCF1325.jpg

I'm sticking with the limited coil. Not sure what type this one is. Research time later.

DSCF1326.jpg

Like the photos of your 365, good thread!

I bought a new 365 about a month ago. It's still in the box.
Had some ideas that I need a 4 cube race saw, Some thing faster than the woodsported 357.
At first thought, the 365 was going to get a 75cc p/c put in, but that would have been a cheater saw. So i'm staying with the oem p/c that came with this saw.

And that's as far as I have got!

Al, good stuff mate. Thank you for the pictures. That's a big help.

I'm studying the jug for now. Everything looks to be in good shape. So I have a good amount of time to port. I'm taking it slow.

Cool deal Walker. One thing I noticed about the Husq are the HUGE case ports. Damn.

Al, good stuff mate. Thank you for the pictures. That's a big help.

I'm studying the jug for now. Everything looks to be in good shape. So I have a good amount of time to port. I'm taking it slow.

Cool deal Walker. One thing I noticed about the Husq are the HUGE case ports. Damn.

I also have a p/c that came off my 2171 so I have been checking those ports.
I think my saw will have a pop up or turned piston.
Carb and intake maybe changed too.

This new saw is never going to cut firewood!

So what's the plans here J?
Whack the 2171 cyl on the 365?

Well it is tempting to put a larger p/c on it but thats cheating if I'm running it in a 4 cube class
I could do it anyways and just call it a pratice saw tho.

Going to stay with a one pc. head.
Gas only
No pipe

Going to have someone else build it.
I just want to race it at some small town races and GTG's.

Back