Chevytown's 365 "Super Sport" Special Build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:chainsaw:
LOL Big Time!

Oh yeah, of course, it's the internet and you can post what you want without other peoples consent. Posting that picture again is not cool at all. Are you that stupid? Just because your pist? Doing it out of spite? :spam:

I'm all for it watching you act this way.

Crawling back to RS...I walked back in with my head held high:clap:

...and I'm getting the chance to meet Adam Clarke this Saturday too:)

As a matter of fact stupes, I'm going to bust out the mex router to machine that area down I was speaking of. Funny you mentioned that:hmm3grin2orange:

Actually your not under my skin at all, I'm still laughing about it.

Go make some more sawdust.

I have to practice first

I don't know what problems traditional fool or B-ho-Driver have, but I could care less. They could keep flapping their bottom gums if they want.

For you stupes, read and weep. You're the first Mex Port victim:)

Not sure whether to make a bigger platform made out of plywood or use the 1 3/4 one. I need more balance. I was practicing the revs and whether to climb cut or go the safer rout.

Not concerned with the angle of the jug to the router at this point. Just looking for best revs in cut.

Easy jig.

DSCF1340.jpg

Stock

DSCF1342.jpg

First, second and and final cuts.

DSCF1341.jpg

DSCF1343.jpg

Corrected angle at this point.

DSCF1344.jpg

DSCF1345.jpg

DSCF1346.jpg

Time for a file.

I'll be back when the moon is full. I'm done playing with this pendejo.

What cylinder is that Rick? That isn't the same 365 cylinder is it, if I'm thinking right the one had a closed port cylinder?:cheers:

They make metal router bits, as long as you secure the work piece it shouldn't be a problem, no worse than a mill. But if it came loose look out for chunks coming at ya:)

Yes the holes look like the early stages of boost ports:)

LOL Big Time!

Oh yeah, of course, it's the internet and you can post what you want without other peoples consent. Posting that picture again is not cool at all. Are you that stupid? Just because your pist? Doing it out of spite? :spam:

there is no difference in what they do over there. Just the other day one of those guys took a pic of Brads chain from here and posted it over there, so as long as they keep on it , I won't feel bad.

Your router jig looks good, but I was talking port work like you orignally said you were going to do. Still waiting to see that. What you just did there is easy.

Last edited:
I don't know what problems traditional fool or B-ho-Driver have, but I could care less. They could keep flapping their bottom gums if they want.

For you stupes, read and weep. You're the first Mex Port victim:)

Not sure whether to make a bigger platform made out of plywood or use the 1 3/4 one. I need more balance. I was practicing the revs and whether to climb cut or go the safer rout.

Not concerned with the angle of the jug to the router at this point. Just looking for best revs in cut.

Easy jig.

DSCF1340.jpg

Stock

Corrected angle at this point.

Time for a file.

Sir could you make a video of this process of using a router? Very interesting indeed and never ever seen this done before. What will you come up with next. :clap::cheers::rock::wave::bowdown: :yourock:

XLNT, so the saw fit inside then, great! I hope you didn't cut your ears with the chain while sticking it in.

Thanks for the neg rep, I'll be glad to return it to you, but I'll wait for a choice moment. You have so many, though...should be easy to pick one...

I think this thread belongs attached to your follies, there couldn't be a more perfect one. Nobody else wanted to add anything to your folly thread, you might as well keep appending your own. lol

Timberwolf got some good rep for trying to help an idiot out. :D

Last edited:
They make metal router bits, as long as you secure the work piece it shouldn't be a problem, no worse than a mill.

Sir could you make a video of this process of using a router? Very interesting indeed and never ever seen this done before. What will you come up with next. :clap::cheers::rock::wave::bowdown: :yourock:

gink, wooddog, this is nothing like a mill, don't be fooled. This is a jury rig.

A woodworking router spins at 15,000-20,000 RPMs in most cases, this is not the proper way to cut metal, even if it works. I know that people cut aluminum at high speed with woodworking equipment, but even then most metalworkers will not recommend it.

A mill or metal lathe can get down to 100 RPM or lower, and most modern mills and lathes will go to about 5,000 RPM max, although it is not uncommon for mills and lathes to only handle 2000 RPM. The normal cutting rates are much lower, there's a lot of info on the net that states such.

This method of using a router is frowned upon by most anyone that knows how to work metal. Don't be misled on the inet. If you want to do this work, research and understand the proper way to do it, rather than jury rigging something up like was done with a router in this thread.

Last edited:
Thanks TT, but I'm not new to the Metal fab scene:D I'm just saying a router can be used on metal, not a safe pratice or highly accurate one but it can be done as Rick has demonstrated. I've scene routers carve sheet aluminium for fascia signage, and does a awesome job. In this case it is all rick has to work with I just hope he is wearing some PPE while doing so!

Back